Article Trunk

Post-Study Work Visa for International Graduate Students in the UK

08.12.2008 · Posted in Legal Articles

Since 1st July 2008, International students who have graduated in United Kingdom within the last 12 months could apply for a 2 years visa to look for a job in the UK, even without the sponsorship from a British employer. This is known as the Post-Study Worker in Tier 1’s point based system. rnrnThe International Graduate Scheme (IGS) has been replaced by the Post-Study Worker Scheme in Tier 1. rnrnAn applicant should score a minimum of 75 points on the point based calculator, which you can find on the UK Border Agency website.rnrnRequirements:rnrnApplicant has to complete a HND from a Scottish Institution, UK Recognized Bachelor or Postgraduate Degree, or UK Post Graduate Certificate or Diploma.rnrnThe institution where the applicant completed his/her studies at, has to be on the list of recognized bodies, listed bodies, a Scottish institution or licensed under tier 4 on the register of sponsors. rnrnThe applicant has to apply within 12 months of the date of the award of his/her qualification.rnrnThe applicant can gain an extra 10 points claim from his/her English skills if he/she has completed her degree in the United Kingdom.rnrnIf an applicant is applying while he/she is still in the United Kingdom, he/she has to prove that there’s

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.