Article Trunk



Archive for the ‘Cars Articles’ Category

Hyundai IONIQ Electric Test Drive: It Feels Very Conventional

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

Hyundai and Kia first drives stream in and the consensus is these EVs feel “normal” and “conventional,” in a positive way.   Overview With all eyes on the Hyundai Kona EV at the moment, it could be easy to overlook Hyundai’s other electric offering, the Ioniq Electric. That would be a mistake because this car has ...

Majority Of Plug-In Cars Sold In U.S. Are Pure Electric

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

Pure electric wins over plug-in hybrid. According to US DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, between December 2010 and July 2018, most of the plug-in electric cars sold in the U.S. are battery electric cars (53%), while plug-in hybrids take the remaining 47%. We already have data for August and September, which clearly ...

Nissan Starts Sales Of Sylphy Zero Emission In China

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

Electric Nissan Sylphy now on sale in China. The Nissan Sylphy is one of the most popular models in China, which in the past 12 years found 2.6 million customers. This fall, the Japanese brand is introducing an all-electric version – Nissan Sylphy Zero Emission – based on the Nissan LEAF. Production of the Nissan ...

Massive EV Charging Initiative In New Jersey Takes Big Step Forward

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

600 new chargers by 2021 NJ Electric Vehicle Infrastructure bill (SCS-2252) was introduced back on March 5, 2018 by State Senators Bob Smith and Linda Greenstein but it hadn’t gained much traction until recently. However, this past Monday, October 15th, it was finally voted on and approved by the Senate Environment and Energy Committee, and now ...

Mercedes-Benz EQA Spied? Lack Of Exhaust Might Be A Giveaway

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

The lack of exhaust suggests there’s an all-electric powertrain underneath. This camouflaged vehicle has all the lines of a Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback, and there might even be some temptation to call it a tester for the hot AMG version. There’s just one problem – the new A-Class is already here, so what’s up with this camo-wrapped model wearing ...

Check Out The World’s Best Classic Car Electric Conversions

From the royal wedding Jaguar E-type to the DIY kits for VW Beetles and Morris Minors, these are the classic EV specialists leading the charge A new spark of life in classic EVs Electric-powered vehicles, EVs, are steadily gaining in popularity, and not just in the new car world. Several companies are producing conversions for ...

Audi’s U.S. EV Plan: Another Indication That OEMs Aren’t On Board

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

AUDI’S ‘TESLA KILLER’ STANDS DOWN We journalists who cover the electric vehicle industry really want to believe automakers when they say they’re going to get serious about EVs, although we’ve been fooled so many times. Audi’s recent multi-million-dollar extravaganza for the launch of the e-tron convinced this correspondent (and quite a few others) that the company ...

Meet The All Electric Arcimoto FUV

Are 3 wheels better than 4? The Fast Lane Car recently had the opportunity to test drive the new all-electric three-wheeler Arcimoto FUV (Fun Utility Vehicle), which is now in pilot production stage. The rainy weather was not necessarily welcoming for testing a vehicle like this, but with the small roof it’s better covered than ...

BYD Introduces New Electric Tow Tractor Models

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

It offers towing capacity of up to 25-ton BYD once again expands its heavy-duty lineup in North America by introducing at the 2018 International Airport GSE Expo two new tow tractor models, or tugs – the T250 rear cabin tug, and the T250F forward cabin tug. These types of vehicles are used as airport ground support equipment ...

Workhorse NGEN-1000 Electric Van Enters Production

10.17.2018 · Posted in Cars Articles, Other Vehicles Articles

Workhorse NGEN-1000: 100 miles of range and 6,000 lbs of payload Workhorse announced the start of initial production of an all-new grill-less NGEN-1000 light-weight electric delivery vehicle at its Midwest plant. According to the press release, the van’s curb weight is 4,000 lbs (1,814 kg), it can take up to 6,000 lbs (2,722 kg) of payload and ...