Tips On How To Become An Au Pair In The US

By: Gerald

A domestic assistant which is from another country and who is earning a living for a host family is an Au Pair. An Au Pair will help in the responsibility for childcare and mundane work around the home. Payment is definitely made by means of a stipend that is given per week. However, there are basic information you need to know.


A regular Au Pair in the use should be between 18 and 26 years of age. They must enjoy working with young children. Au Pairs are necessary to have a minimum amount of practical childcare experience. The minimum amount of experience you will need is 200 hours. Additionally, you will need to have secondary education for your schooling completed. A very good standard of spoken English is called for and you will need to commit to a 12-month stay with an American family. Nonetheless, you should have previously been a U.S. Au Pair.


Au Pairs in the country will have several different responsibilities. This could certainly include but is not restricted to standard childcare for several young children. As a Au Pair you will work as an extra pair of hands for the parents to accomplish typical household duties. This could invlove things like doing laundry for the children, as well as any clean up after their daily activities.

Period of Program

The common time span for an Au Pair program will be 12 months on a standard J-1 Visa. However, you may get an opportunity to extend your stay for additional 6, 9 and 12 months after you have finished the first year of the program. If the program is done you will have a 30-day grace period to travel within the United Statesof America.

Hours and Payment

The common day for an Au Pair may last approximately 10 hours a day and up to 45 hours per week. You are given a stipend or payment based on a specific formula. This formula is actually a calculation of the federal minimum wage which subtracts an amount for room as well as board. The stipend or payment for an Au Pair in the United States is just about $200 each and every week.


If you meet all of the requirements you can apply to an Au Pair program that if offered through Au Pair International. If you are accepted and matched with a host family you will be supplied with papers to apply for a J-1 Visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate that is situated in your country.

Article Directory:

| More

To become an Au Pair in the United States you need to enroll in an Au Pair exchange program or look for an Au Pair in America program. You can ensure that you get accepted with a host family by having less placement restrictions that will limit your available options. For more information, click the link.

Please Rate this Article


Not yet Rated

Click the XML Icon Above to Receive Poetry Articles Articles Via RSS!

Powered by Article Dashboard