A U.S. Immigration and Visa Lawyer Can Smooth the Way

By: Chris Robertson

In today's highly-charged political climate, there are only a handful of issues that share the spotlight with immigration. While most of the political debate surrounds illegal immigration, the fallout unfortunately affects those who seek to enter the country legally. That's why a U.S. immigration and visa lawyer is essential to successfully navigating the maze of laws relating to business-based immigration.

Temporary and Permanent Business Immigration

Broadly speaking, business immigration can necessitate one of two types of visas: temporary visas (also known as non-immigrant visas) and permanent employment visas (also known as green cards or permanent resident cards).

There are several types of temporary visas, but two of the most common types of business visas are the H-1B visa and the L-1 visa. The H-1B visa is often the first step toward permanent immigration, and allows people to come into the U.S. to work in a wide variety of fields. It's important to note that an H-1B visa is only available to people who have a sponsoring employer in the U.S., and only to people who have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree and who will be working in positions that require that level of education.

The L-1 visa is typically used by employees of multinational companies that are headquartered outside of the U.S. but that also have offices in the U.S. It is specifically designated for managers, executives, and specialists who have worked for the sponsoring company at least one year within the previous three years.

Permanent visas are, not surprisingly, known as PERM or PERM labor certification. They are also more difficult to obtain, since the U.S. government places a priority on ensuring that U.S. companies first try to hire qualified U.S. workers. Therefore, the sponsoring employer must demonstrate that it has tried to recruit employees in the U.S. However, for people who are able to fill certain positions, it's easier to jump the hurdles to PERM labor certification. These "Schedule A" occupations include nurses and physical therapists.

The Need for an Attorney

Not only is U.S. immigration law enigmatic, but it is also in a state of almost constant change. Without an experienced H-1B visa lawyer or a green card lawyer at your side, it's nearly impossible to work your way through the legal system and attain a successful outcome. Years can pass and you can throw money down the drain in a series of failed attempts to acquire the visa you need.

Keep in mind, though, that not all immigration attorneys are equally effective for all cases. If you're in need of a H-1B visa or a PERM labor certification, it's worth your while to seek out a firm that specializes in business immigration. You should also be on the lookout for a firm that has a high approval rating on the certifications they file. The attorneys at the firm you select should be committed to continuing education and have up-to-date knowledge about the latest trends in both statutory law and case law. Finally, they should place a premium on client service, and pride themselves on their creative problem-solving ability.

Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com

| More

Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing companies. For tips/information, click here: U.S. Immigration and Visa Lawyer
Visit Majon's Law and Politics directory.

Please Rate this Article


Not yet Rated

Click the XML Icon Above to Receive Humanity Articles Articles Via RSS!

Powered by Article Dashboard