Natural methods are the best, because they do not cause any side-effects and are able to provide significant relief to the affected person. Some of the natural cures for sinusitis are -
* Hydration - When suffering from sinusitis, the best thing to do will be to keep your body constantly hydrated, as it will help in the disinfection of the body. Drink at least eight glasses of water in a day to avoid sinus problems.
* Consume Fluids - In addition to water, drink hot beverages as they are effective in opening up blocked sinuses and providing relief as well. The beverages can include ginger tea, juices and other helpful drinks. The nutrients in the beverages will help your body recover and also the liquids will lubricate the cilia and improve its performance.
* Chicken Soup - Chicken soup is one food item that has many health benefits. The steam that rises from the hot soup provides relief to the sinus and it also has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the swelling in the nasal passage. It will also provide you with the energy that you require.
* Spicy Food - If you are constantly getting bouts of sinusitis, then increasing the intake of spice in your food will definitely help you in getting better. Spicy food releases the flow of mucus, which can remove the blockages and help you in expelling it easily. So, head out to your nearest Indian or Mexican restaurant and see the benefits that hot, piping curry and the extra peppers provide you.
* Steam Inhalation - This is one of the simplest and cheapest methods to cure your sinusitis. Inhaling steam has long been used as a remedy for people with respiratory problems. You can improve the efficiency of the inhalation by adding eucalyptus extracts or other aromatic oils to it.
* Nasal Irrigation - Irrigation of the nasal passage is also a practice that has been in use for a long period of time. All you need is a saline solution, which is to be poured into nostrils. This flows through the nasal passage and opens up the blockage. Use this when your nose is congested and you will see the results.
* Hot and Cold Presses - Hot and cold presses are quite useful in providing relief from the sinus symptoms. The warm presses help in blood circulation which provides relief to the face and the cold presses help in the reduction of pain by shrinking the mucus membrane and reducing the inflammation.
If you are not a fan of antibiotics, then these homemade remedies are the best for you. These are economical, easily available and effective in many ways for curing sinusitis, without causing any side effects.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
For the best sinus treatment and for some sinus home remedy contact us at Kill Sinus today
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated