Women are known to be more susceptible to stress than men. This is because more is expected of women, especially married working moms. These expectations are usually focused on how they handle the household, the kids, and their job.
Research indicates that women, especially those who have kids, have higher levels of hormones in their blood stream that are related to stress compared to childless women. Although these childless women may experience stress as well, the degree or severity of their stress symptoms is less than women with kids. Because of this, mothers need to make time for themselves so that they can cope with the daily challenges that come from being a parent.
If you are a mother, decreasing stress in your life results in lesser risk from getting a heart ailment and even cancer. You would even be able to lessen the severity of your premenstrual and menopausal symptoms if you avoid stress. Remember that if left untreated, stress can lead to anxiety, backaches, fatigue, depression, insomnia, headaches, and a great number of other complaints. This makes it very important to get rid of stress in your life.
Steps on Removing Stress from Your Life
There are a lot of simple and inexpensive ways to combat stress. The best way to start this off is to eliminate the known stress reducers like alcohol, which only masks the symptoms of stress and could oftentimes make them worse.
Here are other steps to eliminate stress in your life:
* Always consume a well-balanced diet that includes a great deal of vegetables and fruits, moderate servings of protein-rich foods, great amounts of foods that are rich with complex carbohydrates, and less fatty foods.
* Make time for aerobic activity. Brisk walking is one of the best ways to lessen stress and to enhance your life’s overall quality. There are also other exercises that could produce the same results and these include swimming, running, and cycling. It would also help if you can join a health club.
* Avoid drinking too much coffee because this has been known to heighten anxiety levels.
* Trying out aromatherapy could also help in getting rid of stress. Try placing five to six drops of lavender oil in your warm bath or two to three drops on a cloth, which you could inhale time and time again as you go through your day. This can be calming. Tea made of passionflower, chamomile, ginseng, or valerian will also do some wonders.
* Whenever it is possible, try going on an outdoor adventure. Getting some activity and sunshine into your system could have great effects on your levels of stress. This could also enhance your outlook in life, which in turn will affect the people around you.
* Be a kid again. If there were things you really enjoyed doing as a child, make it a point to do them once in a while. This is a great way of relaxing and enjoying yourself.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Ft. Lauderdale Abortion Clinics, was established by Dr. James Pendergraft. Our RU 486 tampa abortion clinic Offering the latest, safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods including abortion pill.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated