Why Indian Brands Must Embrace E-Commerce

By: Arjun Raghunath


If you thought that shopping is a girl’s thing, think again. Online shopping has dawned upon us and men are instantly hooked on to it. A recent survey shows that 65% of Indian online shoppers are male while the remaining 35% are female.

Online shopping is set to see greater heights in coming years, not just because of India’s rising internet population, but also due to changes in the supporting ecosystem. Brands have made intensive efforts to improve grey areas such as logistics and payment gateways. Furthermore, the Indian consumer’s perception of online shopping has undergone a drastic change, and only for the good.

Another survey which estimated India’s Internet base to be around 150 million, said that Mumbai topped the list of online shoppers followed by Delhi, while Kolkata ranked third. Given these developments, even wholesale manufacturers (small and big) are now taking a keen interest in the country’s e-commerce market.

To make the most of increasing online shopping trends, more companies are collaborating with retail and daily deal sites, the survey found. The products that are sold most are in the tech category, including mobiles, tablets, accessories, MP3 players, digital cameras, and the fashion category including shirts, tees, tops, jewellery and ethnic wear among others.

If you are a brand, you must know that e-commerce websites can vary dramatically in complexity depending on the extent of functionality, automation, and analytical capability. In simple words, your e-commerce website must be easy to navigate for the user and easy to add new content for you and easy to measure reach for your web analytics team.

Rage Communications is a full-service digital marketing agency which builds and manages websites and web based activities that encompass a range of websites, e-commerce platforms, interactive web applications and, search and social media marketing.

Fuelled by its vast expertise, Rage had developed commercial and transactional solutions to help brands sell their products online with ease. From fashion to home décor, Rage has created and developed a range of e-commerce solutions for various markets and industries.

With a constant focus on generating higher sales and creating better ROI, Rage offers a host of website features such as cross sells, up-sells, special offers, inventory management, multiple checkouts, third party integration, etc.

Our expertise goes well beyond visualizing, graphic design and copywriting to cover database integration, web-mastering on UNIX and Windows, back-end program development in LAMP, ASP.NET and Java technologies.

About Rage
Founded in 1996, Rage Communications is based in Chennai, India and has branches in Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney. For detailed information on the services offered, you can visit Rage Communications at www.whatarage.com. Rage is also present on Facebook.

The agency offers a spectrum of services that include web design and development, online marketing, e-commerce applications, online workflow tools, site and server management, search marketing and web analytics.

Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com

| More

Arjun Raghunath is a freelance copywriter and creative consultant with a decade-long experience in the online and offline advertising industry. Arjun also enjoys travelling whether it's to another country or to the nearby coffee shop.

Please Rate this Article

 

Not yet Rated

Click the XML Icon Above to Receive Advertising Articles Articles Via RSS!


Powered by Article Dashboard