Entangled by daily work load, we often forget this and keep on moving with a self-created diet chart. That diet chart might be full of unhygienic and unhealthy foods. It is quite mandatory to know what the benefits of having healthy foods are. Let us quickly shuffle through the basics of health consciousness.
Why we should stress on healthy diet?
A person busy with work does not get adequate time to think about his/her diet. Whatever is available during the recess time, they take it for the sake of quenching their hunger. Do you think that it is the right way to sustain health? Definitely not, as nutritious foods are essential for building healthy body and mind.
Our body takes food to generate energy, which is stored and used later. Healthy food can produce good amount of energy which is required for performing various functions. Human body demands 6 vital nutrients and some essential elements for well functioning of the body parts and repairing the cells. These nutrients are present only in healthy foods. So we should stress on a healthy diet.
Necessity of healthy foods:
In general, healthy foods consist of carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and fats. Excessive intake of these macro-nutrients does not prove to be good for health, as even high amount of protein and fat can have an adverse effect on diabetic and heart patients. Healthy foods balance and serve the body in numerous ways, which are:
• For a healthy physique and to retain a proper growth rate of the body
• Provide necessary energy to the body
• Control body weight proportion. Healthy foods contain fat but overloading of fatty products can lead to obesity.
• Help in proper functioning of every body part.
• Balancing of carbohydrate levels.
• Healthy foods prevent heart diseases and any kind of nutrition deficiency disease.
• Healthy foods prevent children from malnutrition, and enhance their physical growth and mental development.
What are the sources of healthy foods?
• For vegetarians, green vegetables, fruits are the main sources of the macro nutrients. However, non-vegetarians should also include fruits and vegetables in their diet.
• Dairy products, like skimmed milk, cottage cheese or butter, are a very good source of protein and vitamins, which are also known as healthy food.
• Non-vegetarian food lovers can add meat, chicken, egg or fish in their diet chart. These are high in protein, vitamin, fat and minerals.
• Nuts and beans are also known as healthy foods.
• While cooking, stress on the quality of oil that you use. Unhealthy oils have a tremendous negative impact on the health of heart patients.
• Keep a balance of sodium, iodine, iron and fibers in your healthy diet. Choose whole grain products to maintain the carbohydrate consumption.
• Give a little more attention on seasonal fruits and vegetables and always buy the fresh ones.
• Try to avoid packed food or preserved ones. These preservatives, even though claimed as harmless, are adverse for your health.
Keep a control over your food. If you find that it is a bit difficult to include all these foods in your diet chart, then consult a doctor who can enhance your knowledge on healthy foods. Stay well, keep healthy!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
NIHE India is one of the leading AIIMS PG Medical Entrance institute in Norther India with several branches spread across cities for great results in AIIMS Coaching
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated