Many people can classify their skin-type as dry, but when your skin often appears patchy, cracked or tight, “dry” doesn’t even begin to cover it. Whether your skin is perpetually desert-like or just becomes that way under certain circumstances, there are things you can do to help keep your body hydrated and moisturized, and things you should avoid to prevent epidermal dehydration in the future.
What to do:
• Work to get your body hydrated again. Up your water intake to eight glasses per day, and avoid beverages that contain alcohol or caffeine; these not only dehydrate your body, they also make your skin feel dry and tired. If you don’t like the taste of water, you can also increase your consumption by eating fresh fruits.
• Exfoliate once or twice a week. Use a face and body scrub and a damp washcloth to smooth away patches of dead flakes and allow healthy cells to reach the surface. By removing dry, dead patches with a face and body scrub, any natural skin creams you apply to your body will absorb better and hydrate more deeply.
• Use thick, rich, natural skin creams that will absorb deeply into the epidermis. You can find good skin care products online or in drugstores or department stores. Once you find a rejuvenating cream for face that you like, apply it frequently. Natural skin creams should be applied in the morning and evening, and any times of day when skin feels tight.
What to avoid:
• Unless you work in an environment where frequent hand-washing is necessary, try to cut back on the amount of times you need to scrub up each day. If you must wash your hands, use a moisturizing soap. Use lukewarm water instead of hot or cold. You can avoid washing up by wearing rubber gloves when you’re cleaning.
• Whether you get your skin care products online or in a brick-and-mortar store, check the ingredients before you buy. Avoid purchasing products that contain chemicals such as alcohol, sulfates or parabens, as these can dry out your skin (even if the product claims to hydrate it). To avoid all chemicals, stick to organic or natural skin creams whose ingredients can be verified as natural.
• If you live in an atmosphere that is naturally dry, invest in a humidifier to prevent the air from drying out your complexion. You can run it in your home or office to add humidity to your environment, which will improve your skin. Likewise, if you know you’ll be traveling to a arid location, bring your humidifier — and your rejuvenating cream for face and other moisturizing products — along for the trip.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Buy natural skin care products online here at affordable prices! Aloe Vella has largest collections of rejuvenating cream & products for any kinds of skin whether it’s dry or moist.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated