Our eyes are essential to us. They allow us to see the good thing about our environment. They also enable us to do our daily activities. Our eyes, though, are some of the most susceptible parts of our body; hence, we must ensure their safety. At work, we also place our eyes at risk and we may not be conscious of it. To give you practical information on ways to protect your eyes at work, read the items below:
1. If you are using computer every day at work, you are at risk of suffering from eye strain or eye injury. Because of this, you will have to do some things to be able to shield your eyes. For one, make sure to blink your eyes to produce tears. From time to time, get up from your seat or look away from the computer screen for a few minutes. Shut your eyes to relax them.
2. If your work is at risk of sharp objects, sparks, dust and others, see to it that you are putting on safety glasses with side shields. These will stop any element from getting inside your eyes. Similarly, wear goggles if your job consists of chemicals. On the other hand, you may use special-purpose safety glasses, face shields and others if your tasks make you at risk of radiation.
3. Among the ways to protect your eyes at work is to do a few eye movement exercises. Try to find an object that is 50 meters away. Focus on it for 10 to 15 seconds. Slowly, bring your sight to an object that is closer to you (about 10 meters away). Remember not to move your head. After 10 to 15 seconds, look at the far-away object again. Continue this five times. Another eye movement routine is to look up and down eight times. Tend not to look further than your normal up and down vision or you may force or injure your eyes more.
4. Consult with an eye specialist in Arizona if you think that you will need to wear eyeglasses already or if you feel that your glasses are no longer suitable for you. He will analyze your eyes and make the required diagnosis or recommendation.
5. Even if you are only on your desk, you should also apply some precautions for your eyes. As an example, make sure that the computer monitor is about 18 to 30 inches away from you. It should be slightly below the level of your eyes. More important, it should be right in front of you. Consider reducing the brightness and enhancing the contrast of the screen.
It is therefore significant that after you get appointed from a job, think about your place of work for the safety of your eyes. Check if you need to wear special-purpose eyeglasses. Discover ways to work with the computer every day without straining your eyes and a lot more. If you are in doubt, you may pay your eye doctor a visit and ask for the ways to protect your eyes at work.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Your eyes need the best in Phoenix Lasik Surgery - head over to Arizona Retinal Specialists, the premiere eye doctors in Phoenix AZ
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated