I admit it .. I LIKE trivia, tho it serves no purpose for me since I can never remember any to bring up in conversation. But still, it is fun, so I have created this list of amazing trivia that I found to be absolutely riveting.
1. Snails can sleep up to 3 years.
Not so amazing actually since I managed to sleep through 6 years of junior high and high school. And when you think about it, what do snails have to do all their lives? Sure, they leave great slime trails and make excellent targets for salt shakers and little boys, but other than that there is not much more to do but sleep after an exhausting run across a sidewalk.
2. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
Until I read this, I was convinced that there was an olive missing from my salad, yet no one would believe me. Now I am vindicated! I am now searching for proof that the airlines have taken one peanut from each bag .. I will keep you posted.
3. An ostriches eye is bigger than its brain.
After reading this, I realized that I know of many people with the same problem! But that is an article about politicians I am working on. For me, it is usually that my eyes are bigger than my stomach...
4. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
Well, I would like to see anyone keep this up long enough to actually lose 150 calories. Now that I think about it, I do NOT want to see...
5. Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he does not wear pants.
This is completely understandable.. I mean, who wants to look at a duck with no pants on? Besides, I understand that it is the law for all birds to wear pants in the city limits of Finland.
6. If you pass gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
I tried to prove or disprove this, but two things stopped me ... I could not stand to look at a bowl of chili after the third day, and my girlfriend threatened to leave me ... although it was kinda hard to tell what she was really saying with that gas mask on.
7. In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
Now, this piece of trivia leaves A LOT to the imagination, which is probably a good thing. BUT, I would like to point out, you would have to be pretty limber to get some on those hairs .. nuff said.
8. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
I know this trivia fact is not true because I have gone drinking with my ants several times and I have watched them fall over in several different directions... usually they tend to fall on my uncles tho.
9. The average human eats eight spiders in their lifetime at night.
I do not know about this fact ... I have seen several spiders at night and never once felt compelled to eat one. Though I hear that spider is tasty if barbecued correctly.
10. And now for our final fun trivia fact:
Female Lions do the lions share of the work when it comes to hunting and cub raising ... Males tend to sun themselves when not mating over 50 times a day... No wonder the females do all the work.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Jan Michaels is the creator of the Article Friendly Article Publishing Script for php & mysql, and can be found at: Article Friendly Article Friendly is Not Encoded, with tons of options, or try my new Serenity Niche Article Publishing Script, Available with Resell Rights!
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated