Many of us go for new gadgets and devices during the Christmas and New Year season to avail rare discounts and offers provided during this period by retailers. Often users get significant cash discounts or they are offered complementary gifts that effectively bring down the actual cost of the product.
If you are one of those who have recently bought a new Apple MacBook Pro and don’t know to set it up then don’t worry as this article will guide you do it in a few simple and easy steps.
If you have recently made the switch to Mac from Windows or Linux, it may be an entirely new computing experience for you. Regardless of your situation or knowledge about operating systems and high-tech devices, switching to a MacBook Pro is a seamless process that anyone can handle with ease. The ease in setting up and a user-friendly interface makes Mac a top-choice amongst users from various fields including business personnel, creative designers, editors, home users, college students and many others.
Below mentioned is a step-by-step guide to teach you how to get started with your new Mac, so that you can enjoy it from day one:
1. Take out your device from the box and pay attention to the details in the packaging. Read the user guide carefully, especially if you haven’t owned a Mac before.
2. Don’t’ throw away the carton right now, you may need to re-pack the actual machine in the same box, if something is missing or the product is damaged.
3. Now, plug in the device into a power socket using the 60W MegaSafe power adapter, which is shipped along with the main unit. Otherwise, if the system lost power during the setup process, you'd probably need to start from the beginning.
4. Make sure that the LED on the MagSafe 2 plug should light up orange as it would indicate that the system has started to charge the internal battery.
5. After a few minutes, press the ‘Power’ button to start the machine and wait for the “Welcome” screen to appear.
6. The MacBook Pro will ask you to choose the country you're in. Choosing a country will help the machine to determine language you're using and formatting various things including dates, time, and geographic location.
7. Now, the system will ask you to ‘Choose Your Keyboard,’ which has been set as the U.S. QWERTY keyboard by default.
8. The next step is to connect your device to a Wi-Fi router. The system will present the ‘Select your Wi-Fi network’ screen and ask you to choose a network from the list of SSIDs, presented at the bottom. If you are using an Ethernet adapter or don't wish to connect to a network at this time, you can simply click on the "use another network" button.
9. If you own another Mac, then the MacBook Pro will provide you the option to migrate all your accounts, password, documents, apps, and environment. Make use of your Thunderbolt cable, connect your old Mac to this newly purchased device and transfer all your crucial data.
10. The MacBook Pro will now ask you to log in to your iCloud account, using your Apple ID and password. If this is your first Mac, then create an iCloud account now as it will allow you to take advantage of iCloud's free features including e-mail, find my Mac, and Keychain password.
11. Read the terms and conditions carefully and tick mark the check box, after agreeing to the details provided by the company.
12. Now, the ‘Create a computer account’ screen will appear and ask you to choose your username and password. OS X will take your full name as your username, but you can change that on this screen.
13. The last step is to register your Mac. It is an optional step, but we recommend you to do it if you want to use the Genius Bar tech support station at the Apple store.
14. After completing the registration process, you will be taken to the Mavericks desktop with its default image of a strong wave.
Important things to remember
· Always register your MacBook Pro to maintain sync with your iCloud.
· Change your password settings under the ‘Security’ or the ‘Users & Groups’ section of the Control Panel, if you don't want to use a computer password at all.
· Enter your separate Apple ID for your iTunes account during initial setup otherwise Mac will use your Apple ID for both iTunes and iCloud.
· Register your device to use ‘FindmyMac’ feature, which will help you recover a lost or stolen MacBook Pro.
· Install appropriate browsers, apps, software and other programs to make full use of your MacBook Pro.
· Don’t forget to customize your Mac to make it look like exactly how you want.
Hopefully, the above mentioned steps will help you set up your brand new Mac. A brand new computer will surely bring a smile to anyone’s face, but it’s your personal Mac so your smile should be bigger than ever. Once you are done with the initial setup of the system, ensure that you learn some awesome tweaks that will enhance your OS X experience.
Visit Apple Store regularly to introduce yourself to some of the latest and best apps offered by Mac to take your productivity and entertainment to a different level. Hey, where are you going? Don’t forget to play your favorite music track on your Mac to thank the family members and friends for giving this amazing surprise, this New Year.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Brooke M. Perry is an ardent technician associated with Qresolve online laptop support with wide experience of fixing issues with PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. With a strong track record of devising effective ways of remote pc support and system security, she has so far helped thousands of users across the globe.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated