Proper bottle feeding kicks off with clean baby bottles. Life after birth for the infant depends on the feeding process. The best bottle feeding advice you could ever get from experts is ensuring the use of clean baby bottles. Cleanliness is enhancing life. Cleaning is removing milk residue on the bottles. Rinse off bottles with hot water to stop milk residue from caking and prevent it from creating a foul smell inside. Sterilize the bottles after washing. This way, bacteria and other disease-causing elements will die off with the heat.
Here are more of the bottle feeding tips you can follow to be able to feed your child the right way. Consider the following before and during feeding:
1. Nipples – Nipples are supposed to have the right holes. Too large holes may result to leakage and choking while too small ones may cause sucking difficulty for babies. Have spare or extra nipples kept inside a sealed bottle for cases of wearing and tearing of the old ones. In cases where nipples have small holes, try to sterilize a needle and widen the holes for increased flow.
2. Warm milk – Heat milk before giving it to the infant. Just have the bottle with milk stand in warm water. Refrain from having it heated in a microwave to avoid hotspot that might burn your baby’s mouth.
3. Fridge – Store milk prepared in advance in the fridge and not on the door. The fridge doors do not have a stable temperature that might cause the spoiling of the milk. Remember, milk prepared in advance should only be kept in the fridge for 24 hours. If bottled milk is taken out of the fridge, its life span would only take three hours long. On the other hand, if a baby started feeding on a bottle yet was not able to finish it all up, make sure you don’t feed the left over after an hour because the baby’s saliva has already contaminated it.
4. Clean Hands – Make sure your hands are sanitized before touching any feeding supply.
5. Boiled Water – Prepare the infant formula with boiled water is tolerable by the hand. Remember further not to use repeatedly the boiled water.
6. Travel – When traveling, make sure bottles are kept in an insulated box only for eight hours. Never carry with you warm feed because it acts as breeding ground for bacteria. Take with you a thermos with hot water instead.
These are just a few of the many useful bottle feeding advice you can follow when feeding your baby. There are a lot more especially when talking about feeding positions and strategy. For instance, bottles should be tilted to be able to inhibit too much air from entering your baby’s mouth. Also, you have to keep the baby’s head straight while feeding. Head tilted back or sideways cause difficulty in swallowing.
These bottle feeding tips will be of great aid for you to create a great feeding experience for your baby. Mothers may always wish for the baby to finish the whole bottle content even babies are already full. Babies know when to stop. Mothers also should.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
You can find more bottle feeding advice and additional bottle feeding tips at Aha! Baby.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated