The number of people wearing contact lenses keeps on increasing daily. However, it is not as easy as eyeglasses. With spectacles, you need to have an eye examination and you can order the glasses from your optometrist. On the contrary, you need an examination, fitting and prescription before you buy the contacts. There are also several precautionary measures in cleaning, disinfecting and replacement. There are also advantages and disadvantages that you need to ponder on.
Almost anyone can wear contact lenses. However, you have to study the effects, advantages, disadvantages, the care process and financial considerations. Your initial step is to get in touch with an ophthalmologist before deciding to use contact lenses. The osteopathic doctor specializes in eye care. This medical professional treats eye ailments, performs surgery on people’s eyes, and dispenses prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
There are also pointers for safe use of contact lenses. You need to see a competent eye doctor who provides full-service care. You will undergo a thorough eye examination, assessment of your suitability for contact lens wear, appropriate lens care kits, individual instructions for wear and care and regular follow-up visits to the eye specialist.
The American Optometric Association recommends the following:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before handling contact lenses.
2. Clean contact lenses regularly as directed by your optometrist. Rub the contact lenses with fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking lenses overnight in sufficient multi-purpose solution to completely cover the lens.
3. Store lenses in appropriate lens storage cases. Change the case once every three months. Clean the case after each use. Keep it open for drying after cleaning.
4. Use only products recommended by your optometrist to clean and disinfect your lenses. Saline solution and rewetting drops are not designed to disinfect lenses.
5. Use fresh solutions only for cleaning and storing contact lenses. Do not use the solution twice. Contact lens solution must be changed based on the manufacturer's recommendations even if lenses are not used daily.
6. Make it a point to follow the recommended lens replacement schedule prescribed by your optometrist.
7. Remove contact lenses before swimming or entering a hot tub.
8. See your optometrist frequently for contact lens and eye check-ups.
If you buy these products online (always with a current and valid prescription), you can request for contact lenses free shipping from the supplier. Online shopping is an advantage because of affordability and substantial stock supply. You can order almost any kind of contacts. There are breathable contact lenses which deliver a highly developed blend of oxygen and moisture for a wholesome and natural feeling.
Air optix aqua lenses contain a special moisture agent that helps lubricate the lens for comfort and patented lens material that helps maintain moisture. It reduces the rate of lens dehydration. It has an ultra-smooth surface with superior wetness capacity and excellent deposit resistance for comfort. These lenses may be worn form one to six continuous nights or as advised by your eye care doctor.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
You can consider different contact lenses such as the air optix aqua lenses contain a special moisture agent that helps lubricate the lens for comfort of the wearer. Learn more about low cost contact lenses.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated