A full-size refrigerator might not seem to you as an indispensable item when it comes to equipping a home. Nevertheless, it is unarguably a must have appliance which is why you should take some time to shop around prior to making a purchase. Here are a couple of useful guidelines you should follow when buying a full size refrigerator.
• The first thing that comes to mind is space. When taking measures, you need to consider how much space will be required for setting it up, while keeping in mind the ventilation. Clearance room basically depends on the model in question, so if the refrigerator doesn’t have enough room and it ceases to work, you might be at risk of losing the warranty.
• Once you’ve decided how much space it will occupy, you have to determine the capacity, which depends on how big your family is. In case you are living alone, it goes without saying that you will be needing much less food, but the factors to take into account are also the amount of fresh food you consume on a regular basis or how often you get a takeout.
• Afterwards, you’d presumably want to start looking for the types of refrigerators currently on the market. Some of the highly sought after models and their features include:
1. Top-mount refrigerator: rather common in kitchens over the past few decades, featuring a top freezer compartment which occupies approximately one third of its entire size, this category is the most affordable, while being at the same time extremely functional.
2. Bottom-mount refrigerators: very much the same as a top mount, the only difference is that the freezer compartment is below the fridge, rendering most frequently used items more accessible to the consumer.
3. Side-by-side: features the freezer compartment adjacent to the fridge, and often doesn’t require much clearance space despite their larger capacity.
4. French door: basically a side-by-side and a bottom-mount refrigerator combined in one, featuring two doors swinging outwards, with the freezer compartment underneath.
• You also want to take into consideration the energy consumption and go with an energy efficient type which guarantees that it won’t send your electricity bills soaring. Basically, the greater the capacity, the higher the energy consumption. That being said, a refrigerator of too large capacity would seem like a waste of space and money, while a smaller one would suggest more frequent trips to the groceries.
• Exterior material: you might also want to put some thought into the choice of the material of which the exterior is made of. While the vinyl is quite affordable, stainless steel lasts significantly longer.
• Certain refrigerators are equipped with various features which might require hiring a plumber, so make sure to check if specialist installation is necessary.
When you have narrowed down your choice to a couple of refrigerators, make sure to check their warranty conditions. Since you are preparing to make a significant investment in the long run, you might want to think about buying an extended warranty.
Buy full size refrigerator at Cooler Store. Find latest models at unbeatable prices online. Quality in first place – for more on freezers and coolers visit Cooler Store!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Buy Full Size Refrigerator at Cooler Store. Find latest models at unbeatable prices online. Quality in first place – for more on freezers and coolers visit Cooler Store!
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Industry Articles