Article marketing is by far the oldest methods of getting traffic to your website. This method is being used by thousands of online business owners & internet marketers to get free traffic to their website. But the question a lot of people online always seem to ask is "Does article marketing work?"
The answer is: Yes, it does, but only if you do it the right way.
The problem is, most people do it the wrong way and that is why they get no results.I have heard of people who have written as many as 200 articles, only to get around 30 clicks for them all! Now that is a very heavy price to pay for such a small number of clicks.
On the other hand, many established marketers ONLY use this method to increase their website's exposure. And they use it because it works!
Like everything in life, article marketing comes with a price and a catch as well: You have to be consistent, use common sense and expect longer-term gains (and not short-term gains).
To ensure that your article marketing efforts provide you with more visitors, you have to religiously follow these points:
1. Make sure your article has a catchy headline, content and resource box: If your headline does not instill interest in the reader, they will never click through to your actual article, and to your website.
2. Provide something unique to your audience: If your article is exactly like thousands of other articles out there, you will not get any visitors to your website.This is probably the reason why "make money online" niche articles never get any clicks. There are thousands of them out there, saying pretty much the same thing.
3. Do not advertise in your article content: Use the resource box for that. In the article itself, just provide good advice and content to the reader. If you advertise in the content, your article will not be accepted in the directories and even if it does, people will never click through to your website.
4. Establish yourself as an expert when you write:This way you pre-sell to your readers, and if the article is good enough, you might even generate a good amount of sales. I have done this myself many times.
5. Add some personality to your article: Do not make it too formal and do not come across as too easy either.
6. Write something controversial: If 98% of the people have a certain opinion and you write something really provocative contrary to the general opinion you will certainly get noticed.
7. Use the article resource box to point an anchored link to your website: Add your keywords into the resource box so that you get link juice benefits. This is one of the best uses of article marketing.
8. Never stop writing: If you write 10 articles and then stop, the visitors to your website will decrease. If you would like consistent free traffic, aim at writing 1-2 articles everyday.
9. Use article submission software: No one has the time to spend 4 hours submitting to article directories manually. Buy software such as Article Post Robot to automate this process. Submit to as many websites as possible, but make sure you do not submit exact duplicates of your articles.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
To get an even better understanding of SEO techniques, check out our Expert SEO services or try our comprehensive link building service!
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated