The goal of every business owner is profitability. An organization's success majorly depends on the employees' performance. Poor performance is adverse to the company's success. Creating a Mandate for Performance to manage and coach the work force requires the expertise of a human resources manager and the support of the company's administration. This plays a crucial role in achieving the company’s goals and standards.
Today’s Performance Mandate is based on the following factors:
1. The need for performance documentation due to regulatory requirements, to support employee reviews and/or compensation decisions, and for talent staffing and management.
2. The need to engage employees to improve productivity, performance, and alignment with corporate objectives.
3. Consumerism. Employees want access to information. Employees want the same tools and functionality at work that they have access to at home. This means technology must be easy to try, buy, use technology.
The Business Case for Engaging the Workforce:
A comprehensive review by the Department of Labor of more than 100 studies that examined the link between progressive people practices and improved bottom line results concluded that there is a positive relationship between training, motivating, and engaged employees and improvements in productivity, employee satisfaction and financial performance.
• Highly engaged employee companies enjoy 26% higher employee productivity, lower turnover, higher talent attraction, and greater shareholder return.
• Talent management practices power engaged companies to achieve higher profit per employee by nearly 40%. This brings up a great contribution to the company’s success.
Common Characteristics of High Performance Workforces:
Clearly the most noticeable difference between the higher-performing workforce and a normal workforce is in the level of energy and emotional commitment that employee’s exhibit on the work floor.
• They have clear approach towards the company’s goals and plans (connection between daily people performance and financial objectives).
• They engage in a valuable communication with all the company members (healthy dialogues).
• They develop and maintain positive relationships among all the members (sense of community).
• They are ready to solve all the problems anytime and make worthy decisions on a timely basis (culture of accountability and customer-orientation).
• They successfully manage conflicts and resolve them between themselves.
• Facilitate productive meetings among the employees (Time, resources and results sensitive).
• Clarify roles assigned for team members.
• All the employee’s operates in a productive manner.
• The team leaders exhibit effective team leadership to all the members.
• The team leaders provide best development opportunities for team members.
• All the employee’s have an aligned (unified) commitment of vision, mission, and values towards all the Business Strategies.
Each successful business organization reaches peak workforce performance within an integrated organization approach or path that generates wide spread effect on the employee’s performance. The measures implemented are well planned and followed about how the positive energy is channeled to yield higher performance from the employee’s. The energy sources and channels of performance mandate are supported by systems that simultaneously impact performance and fulfillment of aligned goals in an organization.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
BullseyeEvaluation is a performance management solutions company. For further details visit engaged employees & employee’s performance
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated