Unbeknownst to 98% of working people, the 40 year plan is over. Statistics show that by age 65 less than 2% of Americans can truly retire in comfort without the help of family members or the government. The lackluster performance of the stock market over the past 6 years has dashed many people's hopes of retiring early. It used to be that you could get a great education, get a great job and settle with a company by 25 years of age, keep your nose clean, work your way to the top, invest in your companies stock and by age 65 retire the company you sacrificed for will take care of your retirement and medical expenses for life.
For many now this is just wishful thinking and a pipe dream.
The harsh reality is: Corporate down-sizing (e.g. Gillette, Ford, and GM). Corporate bankruptcies - Enron, Worldcom). Company's robbing company pension plans and judges are allowing it to happen just ask people working for the airlines, illegal insider stock trading, age discrimination, companies cannot afford to pay health insurance premiums because they have sky-rocketed and people are living longer.
Other forces: World Instability, unfettered nuclear proliferation, Sept 11th, natural disasters all cooked together.
Yes, the poor performance of the stock market, lower interest rates and the real estate boom have contributed greatly to people looking for alternative investment strategies such as self directed investing of retirement funds in real estate.
The Internet, information proliferation, people's ability to share information, online financial software, and real time stock quotes.
Benefits of investing with self directed ira funds:
• Stimulates the economy… It is great for recession proofing an economy. Money from retirement funds keep construction crews working
• With the ability to look outside the stock market, you may find alternative investment vehicles that are safer with higher returns which will allow you to make up for lost time.
• The government and taxpayers do not have to pick up the tab in order to help someone maintain their lifestyle during retirement.
• Permits true retirement diversification and wealth accumulation in tangible assets.
• Global investing… With your self directed IRA, you can invest in international real estate.
Granted self directing your retirement portfolio is not for everyone. But what are your legitimate alternatives?
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Joshua Geary is an avid writer, business strategist and online marketing consultant. Turn your investment learning curve into a self directed IRA profit curve at www.MyRealEstateIRA.com.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated