There was a time in this world when the need to lose weight was completely unheard of. People ate well, but they worked well too. They woke up early in the morning and then engaged in a whole dayís work. This work was mostly physical labor. People worked on fields digging, sowing, harvesting. They tilled they soil, rode horses, worked on farms and ranches. The result was that they could afford to eat almost anything they wanted in
Whatever quantities they wanted.
But that was ages ago. The world has changed so much since those days. Life styles have changed so much and the comforts and facilities have increased so much. But every rose has its thorn. As a result of all these comforts and amenities the state of physical well being has really changed. For more details visit to www.build-own-list.com .Today we are facing many problems due to lack of physical work. Weight gain has become a major concern for almost every city dweller. Here some tips to avoid weight gain.
1. be sure to burn out those extra calories by the end of the week. If you feel that you have consumed more calories than you should have during the week, it happens you know, and then make sure that you work off those extra calories by the end of the week.
2. Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can. Elevators are a great convenience particularly if you have to go up or down some twenty floors. But elevators
Also make us very lazy.
3. If you hate running, remember, you do not have to run a marathon to stay fit. 10 minutes of cardio each day is good enough for most.
4. Do not slouch in your chair but try to maintain an erect posture with your tummy tucked in. Slouching is a very bad habit. Not only is it bad for your back but it also
Gives you a very flabby figure.
5. I understand that most of us tend to put on weight particularly in the mid section, right. It is the tummy that seems to have a mind of its own. Well I will tell you a sure shot method to reduce the flab around the waist line.
6. Mind you this doesnít hold true for post pregnancy tummies. This is what you have to do.
Breathe in air as strongly as you can and as you do so, tuck in your tummy as much as you can. Hold it like this for a few seconds and then slowly release your breath taking care not to let out your tummy. Try to keep breathing like this at least fifty or sixty times in a day. In fact breathe like this whenever you can remember to do so. After the first day, you should feel the muscles of your stomach tightening each time you do this. Then you know that you are on the right track. If you practice this without fail for 20 days, at the end of the twentieth day, you will have lost at least an inch. 6. While traveling in an elevator instead of just standing there and staring stupidly at the numbers going up or
Down, try raising your self onto your toes and then back on your feet again. Do this several times. Also try flexing your buttock muscles as well. In fact there are many muscles in our body that we can twitch and flex without inviting the attention of others.
7. Any work out should start with a 5 to 10 minute warm up and should end with a 5 to ten minute cool down session. Whatever physical exercise you are involved in, you must remember to warm up before the exercise really starts.
8. Do not carry your mobile phone around but leave it a place where you can hear it ringing. In this way you make sure that you at least get up and walk towards it.
9. Join a dance class. Dancing is a wonderful way to burn off those extra calories. It is true. When you dance you are in fact burning away a lot of calories. To know more logon to www.autoresponder-money.com .Of course we are not referring to the slow ballroom kind of dances in which one person actually leans on the other one for Support. We are talking about fast dances.
10. If there is a pool nearby go for swims as often as you can, swimming is one of the best exercises. Water has a lot of advantages. And if nothing else, a cool dip in a
Pool is a wonderful stress reliever.
11. Do things like fetching, turning things off and on by you? Often when we come back tired from work, we tend to get others to do simple chores for us. These things
Are no big deal. They are things that we can very well do for our selves but we donít.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated