At some point in time, we all love to peek into the past 50 years or 200 years ago by searching for antiques, buying memorabilia as souvenirs for safekeeping or taking photographs. For photography, we take Black and white photographs to show the timeliness of an event, panorama or portrait frozen in time. One such famous example is the Gettysburg address of President Lincoln and photos from civil war and of course, world’s first photo – the Daguerre balcony photo scene which is made from asphalt and metal plates. With these old black and white photos, we can figure how those people lived in 19th century which includes there – lifestyle and clothing.
Aside from photos, we keep souvenirs, which is an object of any kind and that can remind us of the place. For example, if you visit Mexico City you can buy large hats worn by Mexican ranchers, key chains bearing famous landmarks such as the Aztec pyramids. From India, you can find miniature elephant statues and from Easter Island – Moai statue heads.
Aside from taking photos, there is another memorabilia that is trending today, and that is scrapbook making. Scrapbooking is the way of making a thin or thin book by compiling photos, metal dies for crafting or steel dies for card making, stationeries. Scrapbooking is a great way to preserve those cherished recipes, art, articles, receipts, hair, and stationeries. Colorful, fun and a source of hobby, scrapbooking can help you get busy and enhance your aesthetic tendencies or make gifts for your love ones or leave a time capsule that your future generation can glance even you had been gone into a far far away eternity.
The following shows how to make a scrapbook:
1. First gather these materials - metal dies for paper crafting, stationeries such as embossed paper, felt paper, colored art paper, background book paper, special art paper and glue, paper clips, colored glitters, stamps, tape, scissors or knife and photos or any memorabilia or receipts you want to add. In this instance, you will make a historical scrapbook.
2. Decide about your theme – This is about the general color and art design of your scrapbook which will reflect the kind of events you are going to record. You can make scrapbook about promenades, birthday parties, wedding, night party tours, out of town adventures, fishing and any events you can think of. The limit is just in your imagination.
3. Make your page layout – Make your layout by arranging your photos, embellishments, dies, stamps, gems, pearls, shaped card templates, and borders.
4. Place your border of your choice in a blank book page. Sprinkle with glitters and design with ribbon pieces to make it appear as confetti. You can add small gems, pearls, and crystals for that glittering effect.
5. Arrange your photos in center, leftmost, vertical and horizontal position. Choose shapes – animal, abstract or plant and use them to embellish spaces around your photo.
6. Write below your photos. Make a title referring to the photo and detail by adding a short story. Now, you have the first page of your scrapbook. Repeat the process into the next page until you finish the book. Decorate your scrapbook cover with plastic cover and add stationery designs.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Reach scrapbook making sources by clicking these sites photopolymer stamps for sale, clear stamps for sale or www.papersmoochesstamps.com/aboutus.asp
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated