The vendor neutral CompTIA A+ exam is one of the few certifications that require passing two exams in order to get certified. The exams needed to be cleared for obtaining this certification are:
A+ Core Hardware
A+ Operating Systems Technology Exam
While the cost of these exams varies between countries, typically each of these exams cost approximately USD $152 each. That's $304 total. To know the precise cost of the exam in your country, visit the official CompTIA A+ Exam Pricing page.
Before you sit for the exam, make sure that you are prepared well enough to pass the first time. The full exam fee is charged for each re-take so an exam re-take would have financial implications.
While the exam is expensive at $152 each, this is the maximum cost charged to a non-member. A good understanding of various discount options can help to considerably lower the fee.
CompTIA provides discount to corporate members. Members get a discounted price that is typically $120 (or lower). If you are required to take the exam by a corporate employer, ensure that you check with the company regarding the eligibility of corporate membership discount.
Discount options are also available to individual non-member exam takers through coupons known as "vouchers". Vouchers are a convenient way to pre-pay for the exam at a discounted price. While vouchers can provide a significant cost saving, it is important to have a good understanding about vouchers and how they work. Given below are some essential facts that you should know:
* Vouchers for A+ exam need to be purchased and are rarely ever available for free.
* The A+ exam may be given either at a Pearson VUE center or a Thompson Prometric center. Each organization has it's own vouchers that can not be redeemed at the other organization. Since the exam price is same at sites of both companies, most students prefer to give the exam at the test center closest to their place.
* Typical saving through a voucher can be 10%-45% of the exam price. With a recent change in CompTIA's policy typical saving by vouchers is now expected to be around $20.
* All A+ vouchers are pre-paid and not purchased at the test site at the time of exam.
* Much like coupons, vouchers expire and cannot be extended beyond expiration date. Be sure to check the expiry date of the voucher before making a purchase. In general, the closer the expiry date on the voucher, the larger is the discount offered. These high discount vouchers are sometimes also described as "early expiry vouchers" or "short term vouchers". You MUST register for the exam before the expiry of the voucher to get the discount.
* Vouchers may have limited geographical applicability such as some may be valid only at US and Canadian testing centers whereas others maybe valid internationally.
* Refund or exchange is typically not permitted, so be sure when you make the purchase.
* As per CompTIA requirement vouchers are sold by vendors bundled with study products such as study guides etc
* You can get vouchers either as a electronic copy delivered via email or as a hard copy (delivered via snail mail).
All in all, Comptia A+ exam is expensive but is well worth money even at full price. The large number of benefits raning from increased career opportunities to direct salary raise, make passing the A+ exam a smart investment in both time and money!
Company: Electro Computer Warehouse
Address: 1575 Sismet Rd, Unit # 1 & 2
Mississauga, ON - L4W 1P9
Zip code: L4W 1P9
Contact person: Marcus Wellington
Email: [email protected]
More information can be found online at: http://www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Electro Computer Warehouse - North America's Largest Reseller of Cheap Computers, Used Computers
Refurbished Computers and Laptops
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated