Microsoft SQL Server uses database as the main unit of data storage. A SQL Server database is basically a collection of tables, each having several columns. But at times, operating system errors and hard drive failure like events might prevent you to access this database. In such situations, you will need to restore the lost data from backup. But if backup seems to be invalid or insufficient to restore the required information, you should consult Database Recovery Services technicians who can efficiently recover your lost database.
As an example, you might encounter the below error message with your SQL Server installed system while it tries to read/write database files:
I/O error detected during at offset in file ''”
This error is specific to SQL Server 2000, which usually indicates that the application has encountered hardware or system issues.
SQL Server 2000 might prompt such I/O errors if one of the following conditions is true:
• Windows API call is unsuccessful. SQL Server uses Windows API calls, such as WriteFile and ReadFile to access data from database files. The possible causes for such failure could be operating system errors, low-level software component like a device driver issues and file system errors.
• Logical checks on data are unsuccessful. For example, error 823 might be encountered if database contains one or more torn pages.
Try resolving such issues using these steps:
• The operating system error is identified by invalid handle error. To troubleshoot this, you should repair or reinstall Windows.
• Run DBCC CHECKDB. If it doesn’t report any database errors, the problem is likely to be related with hardware issues. Try updating or reinstalling the device drivers for the file. You should consult Database Recovery technicians as the hard disk might be damaged. Such Database Recovery Services are intended to recover lost database in any set of conditions.
• Your database might be suffering from torn pages and bad page ID like issues. To solve such problems, you need to run DBCC CHECKDB command on the database corresponding to the file described in the error message.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Servesbest has 6 Years of Experience in the Software Technology field working as a freelancer with Stellar which offers www.stellarinfo.co.in/data-recovery-services.htm> Database Recovery Services , Data Recovery Services , www.stellarinfo.co.in/data-repair.htm> Hard disk repair for more than 10 years.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated