The Ultimate SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer Protocol) .NET Component offers a comprehensive interface for SFTP, providing the developer with everything that he needs to incorporate secure file transfers in an application, as well as remote file management using SFTP. In addition to downloading and uploading by file name, URL, and wild card masks, the SFTP library also supports remote file management functionality such as directory listings and the ability to rename, delete and move files on the server. The component also offers the flexibility, ease of use and rapid development features of a component without the complexities of working with the native socket class or in-depth knowledge of how the File Transfer Protocols are implemented. In most cases, only a few lines of code are required to implement a file transfer in your application. The set of properties and methods is sufficiently rich to enable you to take advantage of features such as the resumption of interrupted transfers and automatic file verification.
We are proud to introduce the Unified Remote File System Architecture that is applied to our critical product lines: Ultimate SFTP, Ultimate SFTP, and Ultimate ZIP components. The new architecture makes the management of local files, remote files, and files within archive seamless. As a benefit, you can directly and easily transfer and synchronize files between an SFTP file system and other file systems such as FTP, SCP, ZIP, Disk, Memory, etc. Furthermore, it helps you to reduce efforts for writting separate class for each protocol by using a single base file system class which is used for the SFTP, FTP, ZIP, and Local File Systems to transfer files in the same manner. There is no need to learn more about other protocols, our Ultimate Components do all the complicated works for you. For more information, please check out the Online Help.
The following is a list of some key features of the component:
* Upload, download, append, rename and delete SFTP file
* Large file support (can be greater than 4GB)
* Parse listings automatically
* Supports both ASCII and binary transfers
* Supports restarting interrupted uploads and downloads
* Abort operations smoothly
* Synchronizes folders easily
* Upload, download, or Remove entire directory (including subdirectories and files) quickly with a single line of code
* Supports Multi-threading. You can use as many threads as you want to speed up transferring files
* File transfer monitoring support with progress event
* Fully supports both event-driven (asynchronous) and blocking (synchronous) application designs
* Send and receive files to or from disk or memory streams. This allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files on-the-fly
* Unified Remote File System Architecture which allows you to directly and easily transfer and synchronize files between an SFTP file system and other file systems such as FTP, SCP, ZIP, Disk, Memory, etc.
* Built-in Zlib streams
* Filter files on name with wildcards mask or regular expression, size, or last modified date
* Upload and download multiple files using wildcards mask with a single line of code
* Resume previously interrupted file
* Allows you to check the exact transferring state like uploading, downloading, etc.
* Progress event argument contains full information about the file transfer such as: File size, percentage, total percentage, start time, transfer speed, time left, etc.
* SFTP protocol version 3 support
* Thoroughly tested with Bitvise WinSSHD, CoreFTP Server, GlobalScape Security Server, OpenSSH, WeOnlyDo wodSFTP and much more
* Compliant with RFC 4250-4254, 4256 and 4419
* Supports GSSAPI authentication (gssapi-with-mic) added. Kerberos and NTLM mechanisms are supported
* FIPS 140-2 compliant. This mode is automatically enabled on systems where only compliant algorithms are allowed
* Encryption/decryption using Triple DES, RC4 or AES
* RSA and DSA public keys, public key authentication
* Diffie Hellman key exchange
* Security and Reliability
The Ultimate SFTP component provides industry standard security using the SSH Secure File Transfer Protocol. Our components support strong, commercial grade encryption, and we do not rely on any third-party toolkits which have licensing restrictions or are encumbered by patents. By setting a single property or option, the component automatically handles all of the complex certificate management, protocol negotiation and encryption for you. Even advanced options, such as using client certificates, are handled easily with just a few lines of code.
* Supports HTTP Connect, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A & SOCKS5 Proxy Servers
Ultimate SFTP provides full support for Proxy Servers such as HTTP CONNECT, SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, and SOCKS5. By simply setting a few properties, you are able to download and upload files and directories from/to SFTP servers through the desired proxy server, providing your application with the greatest flexibility and highest level of security available.
* Support for IPv6, the next generation Internet protocol
IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6), the next-generation protocol designed by the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force), will gradually replace the current version of the Internet Protocol, IPv4.
With Ultimate SFTP Component, users have an integrated service assurance solution that will provide them with SFTP, and Proxy capabilities in mixed IPv4 and IPv6 environments. This helps organizations with the adoption of and the transition to IPv6 by making the management of such networks seamless.
* .NET Technology
By using 100% managed code written in C#, the Ultimate SFTP component takes advantage of the numerous built-in features of the .NET Framework to enhance performance, moreover, the component is CLS compliant, and it does not use any unsafe blocks for minimal permission requirements.
* Supports many .NET Platforms
Ultimate SFTP Component for .NET supports the following platforms:
* Windows Forms
* Web Forms
* Web Services
In addition, it is also possible to use the component in PowerShell - Microsoft’s new command console and scripting language.
Ultimate SFTP is fully compatible with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008, as well as upcomming release of Visual Studio 2010. As a benefit, you are always up-to-date with Microsoft's Technologies when using our products.
* Supports event-driven (Asynchronous) and blocking (Synchronous) Design
Most applications written with the SFTP component will be synchronous. Synchronous method gives you the ease-of-use, but it can only returns the control back to the caller after it has finished, meaning that it blocks the execution of the caller for a period of time. Using synchronous method is recommended when you only need to execute one SFTP operation at a time.
You might decide that your design requires an asynchronous operation when it is needed to manage email messages simultaneously. Asynchronous methods provide a great deal of power. Asynchronous method is executed on a thread separate from the calling thread. Such operation is useful when an SFTP operation is time consuming and other codes need to execute without waiting for the initial operation to complete. In addition, the user interface will be most responsive when asynchronous methods are used.
The SFTP component has been designed with a great degree of flexibility and can be used with a wide variety of programming languages and different types of development environments. Available as a managed .NET class, it is fully supported by languages such as Visual Basic, Visual C#, J#, Managed C++, Borland C# Builder, and Delphi.
* Fully Documented
As important as functionality, features and stability are, comprehensive documentation is equally as important to the application developer. This is why the ComponentPro SFTP for .NET product includes a Developer's Guide and a complete Technical Reference which documents every property, method and event supported by the component. A printable version of the documentation is included with the product, as well as context-sensitive online help which can be accessed directly from within the development environment.
* Lots of complete SFTP client samples in VB.NET, C#, and ASP.NET
In addition to the fully documented Developer's Guide and a complete Technical Reference, Ultimate SFTP component also includes a number of samples with full source code which help you to become familiar with the features of the component and provide code which you can re-use in your own applications. The setup package contains three complete SFTP client applications: SFTP Console Client, SFTP WinForms Client, and SFTP AJAX WebForms Client.
ComponentPro understands today's software development requirements which often require support for multiple operating systems and different programming languages. As with all ComponentPro components, the product is licensed to a single developer, and applications built using the SFTP component can be redistributed to as many end-users as needed without additional royalties or runtime licensing fees. Developers are also permitted to install the product on different development systems as long as they are the only one using it and there is no chance that it can be used by more than one developer at the same time.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Product page link: www.componentpro.com/sftp.net/
Download link: www.componentpro.com/Packages/sftp.exe
Product Documentation: www.componentpro.com/doc/sftp/
Product Forums: www.componentpro.com/forums/sftp/
Other Resources: www.sftpcomponent.net/
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Media Articles