Understanding the concept of abortion
Scientifically, when the fetus is removed or even expelled from the fetus (and the pregnancy is terminated), it is known as abortion. Most abortions or miscarriages occur in the first 3 months of pregnancy. After the three months, abortion can result in severe complications for the pregnant woman including her death. This is because after three months, the fetus begins to form properly and a number of side effects can occur.
The different causes of abortion
A woman might undergo abortion by her personal choice or may be compelled to do so due to various factors, forcing her to lose her child.
· Unintended pregnancy - The most common cause for a woman to go for an abortion is when the pregnancy is unintended and she does not wish to conceive a baby at that point of time.
· Chromosomal abnormalities - The tiny structures found inside our body's cells are known as chromosomes and carry the genes. When any kind of problem or complication may occur in these chromosomes, then a woman might have to undergo abortion.
· Infection - When an infection takes place in the uterus, the fetus might have to be removed or else the infection can spread to the mother and endanger her life as well.
· Exposure to radiation - If a pregnant woman is exposed to high levels of radiation or even toxins of any kind, it might cause great harm to the fetus and result in abortion.
· Hormonal and Uterine problems - Another common cause is that of hormonal abnormality in the pregnant woman leading to abortion. Some women lose their baby if they are suffering from uterine problems or abnormalities due to which the fetus is unable to sustain in the uterus.
· Incompetent cervix - If in the middle of the pregnancy, the cervix opens up after widening too much, without the woman facing any labor pain, it might result in an abortion.
· Health diseases - Health diseases in which major organs are affected like the kidney, heart or thyroid gland can affect the fetus, making it difficult to sustain in the womb. Uncontrolled diabetes is another reason for abortion in many women.
· Immune system disorder - Disorders in the immune system can result in abortion.
· Lifestyle - Women who continue to smoke, consume alcohol or use drugs after becoming pregnant may experience an abortion.
· Malnutrition - Women who are suffering from malnutrition are unable to provide their
fetus with enough food, resulting in abortion.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Are you looking for medical abortion ?
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated