Espresso making at home - you couldn't find a simpler, more successful way than with the DeLonghi EC152. It’s easy to use, does all that you would want from a home coffee machine and won’t cost you a fortune either.
That DeLonghi have managed to put the package together for such a price is remarkable. One look at the machine will tell you that you will be having a proper-looking espresso maker sitting on your counter - the EC152 marks you out as a proper coffee expert! But is it all really for show, with no substance? What has been built into the machine?
· 15 Bar pressure and 1100 Watts of heating power means that the machine is very fast to heat up and has plenty of power to filter through properly-ground coffee. The crema that results is café-quality (so long as you follow the instructions!)
· Milk froth for lattes and cappuccinos from the conventional steam frother. There's a bit of a skill to milk frothing - just be prepared for a bit of trial and error.
· Capacity in the coffee grounds holder for one or two cups of espresso. Alternatively you could brew one large cappuccino if you want.
· Very small footprint - smallest possible space on the counter-top.
· Very keenly priced - you can get a DeLonghi EC152 for less than £60 ($80 for the US equivalent EC155). Not a lot of money for this level of performance.
There are a few points that have arisen in observations from reviewers:-
· As this is a manual machine, tamping down of the coffee grounds properly is very important. There is a tamping plate built onto the casing, but this will not allow much force to be applied. A heavy hand tamper could be worth getting. It's well known by those with a bit of experience that if you want a good crema on your espresso, you have to be careful to tamp the coffee grounds down well.
· This is a single-boiler machine. It will take a few seconds to heat up to steamer temperature for frothing, and to cool down after steaming so you can brew more espresso.
· The clearance beneath the filter outlets is not large, so cups larger than normal espresso are a bit tight. If this is a difficulty, you can do away with the drainage grating for the moment.
These points aside, reviewers of the EC152 are pretty positive in their opinions. The DeLonghi EC152 is undoubtedly, for the price, a top performing home espresso machine, and is an ideal way to get into home-made espresso without laying out too much expense.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
You can read more about the DeLonghi EC152 and many more kitchen aids and appliances at Tern Kitchen Reviews
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated