Stretch marks are said to be related to hormonal changes that happens during puberty, pregnancy, and muscle building. Stretch marks are the off-color scarring on the skin that is caused by the tearing of the dermis. This can disappear eventually but not fully. The possibility of developing stretch marks increases among pregnant women. In fact, 75 to 90 percent of women will develop stretch marks during their pregnancy.
For pregnant women, stretch marks will appear on the abdomen, the upper thighs, the buttocks, breasts, and the arms. The enormity and amount of the stretch marks will depend on the pregnant womenís total weight gain, genetic history, and the effort that these women put into preventing the stretch marks. What should pregnant women do to prevent stretch marks?
Preventing Stretch Marks
If there is one thing that many pregnant women donít want to have as a souvenir of their pregnancy, it would be stretch marks. Genetics play an important role in whether or not a woman is susceptible to developing stretch marks. So if your mother ever got stretch marks when she was pregnant, there is a big possibility that you would get them also. There are many means in which you can prevent stretch marks from developing. Even if you are inclined to having them, you could limit the possibility by just following some simple guidelines. Hereís what you should do:
* Develop a healthy diet. You should control your weight gain to a recommended range of 25 to 35 pounds. This will not only contribute to the general health of your skin but it will also improve the health of the baby. A controlled weight gain will minimize the stretching of the skin and therefore the enormity of the stretch marks will also be minimized.
* Locate the possible areas in which stretch marks will develop or the areas that you want to prevent stretch marks from appearing. Massage these areas using a body brush or a wash cloth to increase the circulation of the blood in that area.
* Hydrate yourself. Drink plenty of water as this helps in improving the health of the skin and the health of the baby too.
* Take vitamins such as Vitamin E. This will ensure the health of your skin.
* Moisturize your skin effectively especially during the first and second trimester. There are many oils and creams that are available for you to use and you can use any of them even without the prescription of your doctor or dermatologist. This will keep your skin elastic and supple as these act as food for your skin. The formula in these creams will enhance the production of collagen, supports the dermis, and still keep the skin intact despite the rigorous stretching.
* Donít forget to take care of your skin even after pregnancy in the post partum period. You will lose weight dramatically during this period and your skin will be more susceptible to stretch marks.
If you still develop stretch marks, donít stress yourself just yet. This will become unnoticeable over time. If you are still conscious about these unwanted marks, you could visit the dermatologist for a skin treatment.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Tampa Womenís Clinic, was established by Dr. James Pendergraft. Our Tampa Abortion Pill Offering the latest, safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods including abortion pill in Tampa.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated