Oakland-Fitness Personal Training promotes the message that - being physically active is the first step to living a healthy life! Our Personal Training staff at Oakland-Fitness put together these seven tips to help you get moving as you begin your journey to a becoming healthier and fitter you!
1. Commit for Thirty Days – Begin by make a commitment to exercise every day for one month. At Oakland-Fitness we understand that making a commitment to yourself is the most important part of you being successful. This will solidify the exercise habit.
2. Don't Break the Habit – The easiest way to keep things going is simply not to stop. Avoid long breaks in exercising or rebuilding the habit will take some effort. If you have an exercise habit going, don't drop it at the first sign of trouble.
3. Start Small – Trying to run fifteen miles your first workout isn't a good way to build a habit. Work below your capacity for the first few weeks to build the habit. Otherwise you might scare yourself off after a brutal workout. Setting smart realistic goals are important for the success with any fitness programs. Our personal trainers pride themselves on helping our clients set achievable fitness and nutrition goals.
4. Start Slow – Slowly increase the duration (length of time) and intensity (how hard) of your fitness program as you become fit. Over time, work up to 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity, at least five days a week. If you can't dedicate a full 30 minutes to exercise, break your physical activity into three10-minute intervals to meet your goal.
5. Create a Ritual – Your exercise routine should become so ingrained that it becomes a ritual. This means the time of day, place or cue automatically starts you towards grabbing your bag and heading out. For example, you might walk every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from noon to 12:30 p.m. At Oakland-Fitness we inform our clients if their workout times are completely random, it will be harder to benefit from the momentum of a ritual.
6. Add Variety – Try not to rely too much on one exercise activity. Find several that you enjoy. That way, exercise will never seem boring or routine. One of the things that we at Oakland-Fitness specialize in adapting your exercise routine so you keep motivated and focused on your goals.
7. Find a Buddy to Exercise With – Exercise can be fun if you have someone to share your thoughts with while you workout. At Oakland-Fitness Personal Training we are big advocates of exercising with a buddy. Statistics tell us that people who exercise with a friend are more successful at exercising consistently. You can keep each other accountable. Knowing that someone is waiting for you to exercise with them can be great motivation to show up and get it done
We at Oakland-Fitness believe, it is never too late or one is never too old to start exercising. You can live a healthier and happier life by taking the time to incorporate these seven tips into your daily lifestyle. We guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised with your results! Remember, physical activity need not be strenuous for you to see positive results, so don't delay start today. Our Personal Training Staff is here to help you get started!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Geneva D. Clay is an accomplished health and fitness professional and radio personality who, for over the course of twenty years has shared a message and vision based on her positive, energetic approach to the business of health, fitness and nutrition which inspires, motivates and empowers individuals to tale control of BOTH their health and life.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated