During the first month of your baby's life, you and your baby will spend a lot of time getting to know each other. While your baby will spend most of the time sleeping, you will be learning the best ways to meet your baby's needs.
Being a parent is important, but what should you do to take care of yourself? Think about ways in which you care for your baby.
- You want your baby to be healthy. Be sure to eat nutritious food. Simplify your meals. Healthy salads, soups and sandwiches are quick and easy to prepare. If you are breastfeeding, avoid alcohol and limit your caffeine intake to no more than two to three cups a day.
- You want your baby to enjoy life. So should you. Take a hot bath to relax, or do some reading. Listen to music. Rent a movie for the help www.baby-care-book.com. You can always watch it while you nurse your baby. Plan a special time to be with your baby's father.
- You want your baby to learn. Keep your own mind active. Learn new things, read a book. As your baby gets a little older you may want to join a playgroup. Besides giving your child a chance to learn, play and develop social skills, it also enables you to talk and air your feelings with other women.
- You want your baby to grow. Babies do this when sleeping. Even though you will hear this time and time again, the quicker you learn to sleep when your baby sleeps, the better. Right now your main concern should be building your strength back up and taking care of your new baby, not worrying about what is on your to-do list.
- You want your baby to learn how to talk. You need to talk to other adults. You could make time for phone calls to people you enjoy for the help www.create-super-baby.com. Have lunch once a week with a special friend. Make time to talk to your spouse at home when the baby is in bed, light the candles, pour the wine, pull the plug on the telly and talk!
Doing a few things you enjoy isn't selfish. It is a good way to take care of yourself and your baby. Remember if you are happy and rested, then your baby will also be more relaxed and contented.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated