Do you need to protect yourself from prostate cancer? if you're a man, the answer is "yes." This frightening disease is a very common cancer among men 50 years old and older.
How would you know if you have prostate cancer? Check out the following symptoms of prostate cancer below:
1. You spend a lot more time in the bathroom since you're experiencing the frequent need to urinate.This is especially obvious during the night.
2. While you're urinating, you experience pain. There may be a burning sensation as well.
3. Dribbling follows urinating.
4. It concerns you that you can't completely void your bladder.
5. It's hard to start and stop urinating.
6. Men notice that the flow of their urine is unsteady and weak.
7. Impotence or impaired function may occur.
8. There may be blood in urine or semen.
9. Pain in the lower back and surrounding areas may be noticed.
The development of prostate cancer is so slow that symptoms might not show up until the disease has done significant damage.
Other diseases have similar symptoms, so don't diagnose yourself -- see your doctor.
There are preventative measures you can take when it comes to prostate cancer. Here are some suggestions to help you try to prevent it:
1. Eating the right foods can help you prevent or fight prostate cancer.
Be sure to eat a lot of different types of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Some foods are more powerful than others in preventing the growth of cancer.
For example, including fish in your diet is one of the healthiest things you can do. Here's why: fish oils tend to decrease the risks of being attacked by prostate cancer. In other parts of the world, populations that consume a lot of fish also have a much lower rate of prostate cancer.
Soya milk and tofu are both soybean products and are very good for you.
Tomato products, such as fresh tomatoes and tomato sauces, are very good additions to your meals. Tomatoes are the king of fruits and vegetables when it comes to helping ward off prostate cancer. Tomatoes contain a lot of lycopene. It's the lycopene in tomatoes that make the lowly tomato king of foods since tomatoes can help prevent prostate cancer.
Eat whole grain bread and cereals and avoid food choices made of white flour.
Be sure to get enough foods containing calcium.
2. Certain foods harm your health, so avoid them as much as possible.
Try not to eat foods high in unsaturated fat and foods containing processed sugar.
Eating too much red meat is harmful to your health.
3. Take vitamins and mineral supplements.
Selenium has been found to be a powerful cancer fighter, so be sure to include it as a supplement.
Vitamin E is also useful as a weapon to help you protect yourself from prostate cancer.
Along with eating a lot of tomato products that contain lycopene, be sure to take it in supplement form too. Research reveals encouraging news for men who undergone prostate cancer surgery. Lycopene seems to help prostate surgery patients experience less pain and may even help them to live longer.
4. Try to maintain your ideal weight instead of letting yourself become obese. Therefore, be sure to exercise regularly.
Although prostate cancer is a frightening men's disease, you can help protect your health by following the suggestions in this article.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Learn how to protect yourself from prostate gland cancer . Patricia Wagner provides a variety of health and wellness tips to help you be healthier at www.azhealthtips.com .
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Health Articles
| Men Articles