Must Have Documents for US Coast Guard Boat Documentation

By: Chirag

US coast guard boat documentation is a national form of registration. All the coast guard boats have to be registered by the federal government through the coast guard. Moreover, US Coast Guard is the only regulatory body responsible for registering the coast guard boats. However, there are specific rules for registering the boats. Both the commercial and pleasure boats, the weight has to be net 5 tons, and the length must be 26 feet or above. In this write-up, I will discuss the key documents. So, let’s proceed:

Initial Boat Documentation

- Builder’s Certification

You will need the manufacturer’s certification at the beginning. For this, the builders must complete the CG-1261 form. Moreover, it indicates the first transfer of title. There can be more than one builder as well. In this case, each builder has to fill up the form. The form is available on the official website of US Coast Guard (USCG). Also, the certificate of origin is vital. It evidences that the origin of the boat is the USA.

- Bill of Sale

The US coast guard bill of sale is a document that evidences the sale of the boat by the producer. The seller produces it and delivers to the buyer. The number of the form is CG-1340. You will get the form on the website of the USCG. A notary public must acknowledge the signature by the seller. Otherwise, the documents will be rejected. Do not submit a duplicate copy. Moreover, you have to submit the original document or a signed copy.

Lost of Altered Certificate of Documentation

Sometimes the owner may lose or change any content of the existing documents. In such cases, the replacement of the documents is possible. For this, you have to fill up form CG-1258. Moreover, you have to submit the form with $50. You can change only the address in the existing documents. However, if you want to change other information at the time of getting replacements, you have to pay additional fees and submit more documents.

Exchange or Return of Documents

For the exchange or return of documents, you have to proof the current ownership. For this, you have to submit a copy of the title and the original copy of the bill of sale. In the case of boats under foreign registry, a copy of the registration and proof of removal for the registry has to be submitted. A complete chain of ownership is needed from the last documented owner to the producer. In the case of multiple owners, you have to provide a proof of citizenship of each owner. You may mail or fax the documents to NVDC. Also, you can send the documents to the email address of USCG.

In conclusion, you must have a clear idea about the above papers and the forms. As they are federal requirements, if you make any mistake in the documents, you may have to face penalties. Therefore, you may seek help from the experts before making the final submission.

Article Directory:

| More

Searching for the best solutions on US Coast Guard Boat Documentation can be easier for you, if you check up all the posts and reference website provided by the author. Must follow and grab great ideas.

Please Rate this Article


Not yet Rated

Click the XML Icon Above to Receive Communication Articles Articles Via RSS!

Powered by Article Dashboard