Before holding an online web meeting, you must be aware of the following:
1. Your online web meeting should be short and on track. The duration of the event should be no longer then one hour or maximum of one hour and thirty minutes.
2. What type of questions will you ask those attending the web meeting? Asking questions keeps everyone’s attention and allows you to effectively teach your guests.
3. As a courtesy to others in attendance, ask guests to hold their questions until the end of the meeting. Chances are that you will answer most questions during your presentation. Asking guests to hold their questions will reduce the overall meeting time for everyone.
4. Advise guests to pre-install the web meeting plugin before the live meeting. If guests will be speaking during a meeting, advise them to use the integrated audio setup and testing feature before the live meeting. Guests can perform this audio setup and test without logging in.
5. Prepare an optimized version of your PowerPoint® that is less than 2 MB. This will allow guests to see the presentation quickly and easily.
6. Always have a recording of your presentation available before a live meeting. Recorded presentations can be enjoyed by those unable to attend the live meeting. In the event a guest has a problem with their computer or internet connection, they can still enjoy the presentation. You may have invested thousands of dollars to promote your web meetings, and you lose time and money when someone can not attend the live meeting or has some problem that is beyond your control.
7. Practice your entire live presentation using the web meeting room program a minimum of 5 to 7 times from start to finish. This is the most important thing you need to know before holding an online web meeting.
8. Make sure the online web meeting service you are using offers free live training.
9. When it comes to web meetings, choosing the right service that meets your needs can be a daunting task. Make sure the program you choose meets the following important criteria:
• Login is fast and easy.
• Those with a dial-up connection can participate without problems.
• Web meeting program works with corporate firewalls.
• No Active-X control is required to run the program.
• You can easily create and manage live meeting polls and surveys.
• You can create and host your own custom registration pages.
• No scheduling is required, you can hold meetings anytime you decide.
• You can use any payment gateway to sell access to your meetings.
• The PowerPoint® presenter displays slides in dual format.
• Live video conferencing offers synchronized audio and video.
• Your guests can enjoy hands free meetings, you control everything they see.
• You can record and control your recorded presentations.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
For more information about what you need to know before holding conference calls and online meetings click here.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated