Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure performed in a hospital. Because of this, you will need to be absent from your work and be away from home for a period of time. The length of your stay in the hospital and your recuperation period at home will be dependent on the type of hysterectomy and recovery time.
Most doctors will suggest that you take only a light meal such as vegetables or salads the night before you are scheduled for your procedure. You have to keep in mind that the medications prescribed for the pain with this procedure can slow down your digestive system and may cause constipation during your recovery period after the hysterectomy. Eating a fiber-rich diet comprised of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains is very helpful in maintaining healthy bowel elimination while you are recovering from the surgery.
Here are some other tips that would help you manage a hysterectomy procedure:
* Before you undergo the procedure, you have to be sure to get lots of sleep and to eat well. It is also best if you do some exercises for stress relief before the operation. If you are physically fit, your recovery from hysterectomy will be very fast.
* Be sure to have herbs that could help alleviate menopausal symptoms as well as a natural progesterone cream so you could have relief from the hormonal imbalance usually experienced after hysterectomy. These natural treatments will help in the endocrine support and have no side effects on your body.
Menopausal herb supplements should be taken every day for the increase of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone levels. Using a natural progesterone cream is also very beneficial because this contains a pharmaceutically graded USP natural progesterone, which is similar to the one produced in your body.
Supporting your endocrine system with herbs and a natural progesterone cream can help your body produce essential hormones as well as balance the unfavorable effect of the production of too much estrogen.
* While you are still at the hospital, right before your recuperating time at home, you will need to have some things done.
a) First, you have to have prescribed pain medications filled out by someone in your family or by a friend. This is so you will no longer need to go to a pharmacy on your way home.
b) It is also best to prepare an alternative physician if your own doctor could not be available after your procedure. Get his name and number and add this to your list of contacts. This is very important in case you might have questions while you are recovering.
* While you are already at home and recovering from the procedure, you need to take all your medications as instructed by your physician. It would also be best if you will make use of heating pads, which you should place over your abdomen and underneath, if needed.
* You should also take it slow and limit your activities while recuperating. Avoid lifting and bending as well as climbing stairs and driving a car. You should also have your meals prepared for you, instead of doing them yourself. If you want to sit up, you should have somebody to assist you in doing this. And be certain to keep your post-surgical follow up visit with your physician.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Tampa Women’s Clinic, was established by Dr. James Pendergraft. Our Tampa Abortion Clinics Offering the latest, safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods including abortion pill in Tampa.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated