Have you ever admired manufactured stone and wondered if you could make something similar? Well, you definitely can. Concrete stone pavers, bricks, and tiles are as simple to make as they are beautiful to look at. In fact, it's even easier than baking a cake because you don't need an oven!
You can make your own cast stone products for 28 to 65 cents a square foot. Commercial cast stone costs over $5.00 per square foot, if you can find it. (Plus delivery costs.) This is all you need to do: Buy do-it-yourself molds at an online store; then following these directions:
1. Lubricate the molds with a light vegetable oil.
2. Mix a bag of pre-mix concrete according to the directions on the bag. You will need a shovel, water, and a bucket.
3. If you want to add color to your concrete, do it now. If you want plain, gray stone no color is needed. You can buy concrete coloring where you buy your molds.
4. Pour the concrete into the molds. Vibrate and bounce the molds a little to level the concrete and release any air bubbles.
5. Cover the molds with plastic and let them sit for a day or so undisturbed on a level surface. Overnight is usually enough.
6. Flip the molds over and release your stones, pavers, or whatever you are making out of the molds.
7. Cover your tiles with a sheet of plastic and let them cure for a few days.
8. After your stone is cured, you can choose from a variety of sealers for a glazed look or other decorative finish.
Whether you are a professional builder, remodeler, contractor, stonemason, or gardener or just an everyday homeowner or crafts person, you can make unique and sturdy stone pavers and other manufactured stone products. It is so easy to do; anyone can do it without special skills or tools.
Concrete tile and stone pavers have a life expectancy of over 100 years. They will hold up even in extremely cold climates. You can choose from over 200 different sizes and styles of concrete molds for your stones, pavers, and tiles.
The interest in custom made manufactured stone, brick, pavers, and tile is exploding in this country. The uses are going beyond the traditional. Now, homeowners use manufactured stone products both indoors and outdoors. They use them in outdoor kitchens, around pools, and for garden paths and fountains. Nowadays, many homeowners prefer manufactured stone for fireplaces, floors, patios, walls, and countertops. Look around and you will see more and more concrete paver driveways and paver patios laid in compacted sand.
With a broad and diverse choice of colors, styles, and finishes, it is no wonder the demand is high for these inexpensive, durable, and easy-to-manufacture products. Whether you want moss-colored bricks, pink stepping-stones, or glazed pavers, you will find all the supplies and instructions you need online. The demand is so great for high quality, locally made concrete stone, that you may even decide to make a business of it!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing companies.
For tips/information, click here: stone pavers
Visit Majon's home-improvement directory.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated