Contact lens wearers need to take good care of their eyes. Ordinary soreness can lead to more serious infections. Worse, it can bring about the loss of eyesight if proper remedies are not introduced. Make it a point to consult an ophthalmologist once you come across symptoms such as redness in the eyes; inflammation; sensitivity; hazy vision; and, excretion of pus or fluids. Refrain from using decorative contacts since these can cause permanent damage to your eyes. Schedule eye examinations by eye care specialists on a regular basis.
It is very crucial to come up with a regular maintenance routine for your contact lenses. It does not really matter if these lenses are disposable or extended wear contacts. The important thing that you should watch out for is that these eye corrective or cosmetic devices are placed directly on the pupil of your eye. Thus, it can cause infections more easily than the traditional spectacles.
You also need to maintain your contact lenses properly. This is necessary since these devices can be the major source of eye infection. If infection sets in, there may be more severe problems that you can experience. This may seem taxing to do unlike the ordinary eyeglasses. Nevertheless, you can easily learn the procedures and everything will be easy from then on. Disposable lenses are the safest form of soft contact lens with respect to the reduction of infection hazards. However, the inflexible lenses made of absorbent gas are safer than any other variety of soft contact lens. The certified eye care specialist can help you choose which type of lens is appropriate for you. The fundamental rule is that proper care of lenses is crucial to the wellbeing of your eyes. Optometrists and eye specialists also come out with regular guidelines on how to take care of discount contact lenses. Study the tips provided and see how you can use these accordingly:
• Wash your hands with soap and water carefully before handling any contacts. Rinse the lens properly and dry your hands with a towel that does not have any small fibers. This will prevent any unwanted minute particles to stick to the lens.
• As much as possible, do not let the lens come in contact with water. Take off the device before swimming or immersing yourself in a bath tub. Contact lenses should not be washed or stored in water.
• Avoid wetting your lenses with saliva. It is not a germ-free solution and can cause more harm to your eyes.
• Refrain from using saline solution and eye drops to sanitize lenses. This is not a prescribed solution.
• Wear and change contact lenses based on the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional. There are directions in lens cleaning and storage directions that you can follow. These are usually given by the manufacturer, retailer or optometrist.
• Rub the low cost contact lenses with your fingers. However, make it a point to follow the correct guidelines from the manufacturer or your eye doctor.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
It is important to know how to take care of discount contact lenses. Keep in mind that these devices come in contact with your eye and can produce infections. Learn more about..purevision contacts.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated