A pharmacy refrigerator is definitely a beneficial addition to any medical facility. But, taking good care of them may require a bit of effort on your part. Fortunately, almost all high-end models are designed with ease of cleaning in mind. For this reason, taking good care of them is not going to be a time-consuming job. Still, keeping the following points in mind would help a lot.
Taking care of pharmacy refrigerators
As mentioned above, maintaining a medical refrigeration unit is not a tough job. But, taking the following measures would ensure that it has a long life and is in good condition all the time.
1. Appoint at least two staff
Make sure that there are at least two persons entrusted with the regular maintenance of your medical refrigerator. They should monitor the temperature at the beginning and end of every working day. You should also ask them to clean the unit as often as possible. It is always advised that you should establish a specific routine for the purpose.
2. Cleaning the unit
Cleaning the unit is just a breeze; it would not take even one hour of your time. If you are the person entrusted with the task, you just have to follow the guidelines given below.
• Disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply.
• Remove all the containers inside the unit. Take care to keep them in an air-conditioned room during the time when the unit is cleaned.
• Done this, defrost the unit.
• Wipe out the interior clean using a wet cloth.
• Wipe it dry; repeat the process using soapy water. If you happen to notice anything spilled out in the unit, try to recognize the thing. You would be able to use the recommended cleaners to get rid of the stains if there is any.
• Mop it with water and clean and wipe it dry.
• Connect the unit, switch it on and keep it there for some time. Let the unit reach a stable temperature.
• Place all the containers back in the unit.
A few additional pointers
Given below are a few more helpful tips in this regard.
• Be mindful of construction: When buying a medical refrigerator, it is highly recommended that you go for a high-end model. Here, the interior would be made from molded abs. It implies that the surface is one piece with no joints. Keeping it clean is just the matter of wiping it dry with a towel.
• Be careful with cleaning products: Know that the user manual you get with the product is the most dependable source of information in the matter. Use only those products the manufacturer recommends. And, do not use harsh chemicals or anything which may create scratches on the surface. Small holes on the surface may become breeding grounds for bacteria and other germs.
You should also make sure that all the shelves and other items are dry and clean before reattaching them into the unit. Doing this would keep the interior dry, fresh and free from bacteria.
Maintaining pharmacy refrigerators is quite easy. But, negligence in the matter can prove disastrous, even life-threatening.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Cooler Store offers medical and lab appliances at convenient prices and state wide delivery. Visit website at www.cooler-store.com/ and compare prices.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated