For women, eating should not be just a matter of course. It goes beyond that because of the unique health requirements of women. For better bone health, women should obtain foods not just for their taste, but also for the nutrients they contain to maintain good bone health.
The Nutrients Women Need to Maintain Bone Health
In order to maintain excellent bone health, the following nutrients must be taken regularly:
* Iron. Iron is very important in the body because it is very vital to the formation of optimal bone structure for better bone strength. Iron is obtainable from fruits and vegetables, grain products, meat, and poultry products.
* Vitamin C. This nutrient serves as the activator for certain enzymes in order to create the best bone structure for maximum bone strength. The nutrient is available from tomato products such as juices, and sauce, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, strawberry, cabbage, and spinach.
* Zinc. Just like vitamin C and iron, zinc is also needed in order to create the best bone structure for the best bone strength. The nutrient is available from red meat, poultry products, fortified cereal products, grains, beans, and nuts. However, perhaps the best source of zinc is the oyster because it has such a high concentration of the nutrient.
* Phosphorus. Although phosphorus is best known for its part in the formation of body tissues, the nutrient is also needed in the bones because most of the bone mass is due to phosphorus. This nutrient is obtainable from milk and yogurt, cheese, peas, meat, eggs, cereals, soft drinks and cola, and many other processed foods.
* Protein. This nutrient is very important to the bones because it is the one nutrient that is very vital in healing injuries to the bones such as fractures and other illness affecting the bones. The best source of protein is animal products such as meat, poultry, eggs, and fish. It can also be obtained from milk, cheese, yogurt, as well as from plants such as legumes, grains, and nuts.
* Boron. Boron is needed by the bones because it enhances calcium absorption of the bones. The best source of boron is avocado, although this nutrient is also obtainable from nuts, peanut butter, and prune juice.
* Fluoride. This nutrient is very important in the development of new bones, especially in the growth years. This can be obtained from fishes and teas.
* Magnesium. Magnesium is needed by the bones because it improves bone quality. Moreover, this mineral also enhances the ability of the body to absorb the calcium needed. It is obtained from green and leafy vegetables especially spinach, potatoes, whole grains, wheat, and oats.
Maintaining good bone health is something that women should not ignore. If ignored, the result can be frequent bone injuries or maybe even osteoporosis. In order to get the best nutrients, make sure to eat only fresh sources, avoiding processed foods that contain only small amounts and sometimes even none of the nutrients needed.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Tampa Women’s Clinic, was established by Dr. James Pendergraft. Our Tampa Abortion Clinics Offering the latest, safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods including abortion pill in Tampa.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated