There are millions and millions of households in the world that have pets. People have acquired them for several reasons. You may buy one for your children to play with, you may just be an animal lover or it could be a form of income for you for example, show dogs and talking parrots.
It is proven that owning a pet can bring about therapeutic benefits such a stress reduction, lower blood pressure brought about by stimulating exercise (especially if you have a dog) and improved moods. Pets provide excellent companionship and evoke feelings of love in their owners. There are studies that indicate owning certain types of pets lead to longer, more fulfilling lives.
Dogs are the most common household pets followed by cats. Other common options are fish, reptiles, rodents and birds. Soon your cat, dog or gerbil is no longer just a pet but a member of the family. You can take out insurance for your pet for the following reasons:
• It is easy to tell when your pet is ill. Common signs include reduced appetite, dull eyes and coat and refusal to play. You will have to take it to the veterinarian to find out what ailment your pet is suffering from. Treating an animal may be just as expensive if not more than treating a human being depending on the type of ailment. Take your pet to the vet the moment you notice any signs of illness. If you have pet insurance, you may submit a claim form for compensation after you pay for your pet's treatment.
• You can also in certain cases, insure your pet against neutering and vaccinations that are necessary for your pet's health.
• You may also insure your pet against death and damage to other people's property. You may get additional coverage for euthanasia services if your pet is too sick to recover. If your pet dies, you will have to get a cause of death from the veterinarian and a post mortem report for the insurance company to pay out.
• You may sometimes be able to insure your pet against theft.
• If your pet is a source of income such as show dogs or thoroughbred horses, you can indemnify yourself against the possibility of any condition that may cause them not to perform again.
As with any form of insurance policy, check the provisions and exclusions of the same before signing up. Your insurer will request a medical report on your pet listing its overall health. Just like with humans, some insurance agents will not insure congenital illnesses of your pets. Verify that you are able to afford the premiums and stay on top of the payments. Compensation is based on the value of the animal when it was alive. Check the annual limit for the policy and plan yourself accordingly so that you do not exceed it. Some policies also have co pays and deductibles. All in all, choose one that is right for you and your pet!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Knoxville insurance has many variants such as pet insurance, life insurance, health and much more. To understand the different offerings better, visit www.capitalfinancialgroup.net today!
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated