Here are a few tips that can help you concentrate better at your workplace.
What you can do at home:
1. Sleep well - By sleeping around 6-8 hours every night, you should be able to get your focus back. Make sure that you hit the bed right on time.
2. Exercise more - Regular exercising, for about 1 or 2 hours everyday, keeps the mind sharp and helps increase your memory. Working out can help you burn off that extra energy that makes you feel uneasy and it can actually help you sleep better at night.
3. Try meditation If you have a hectic schedule everyday and feel stressed out, you should try to meditation as it will improve your attention span and help ease anxiety.
4. Technology burden For some time, keep yourself away from your cell phone, TV and internet. With a lot of things happening around everyday, it is important to get your lives back under your control rather than in control of any technology.
5. Household chores - Cleaning, reading, kids homework etc will help keep your mind from thinking of 10 other things. This way, you will improve your concentration.
What you need to do in office:
1. Get rid of all the clutter surrounding you Clearing up clutter will help you in many ways. Clutter around us especially in our office drains our brains. Less stuff around is equal to more focus and concentration and gives peace to your mind.
2. If you cant get rid of it, organize it - If you cannot part from all that stuff, organizing it properly will make a big difference. Your files, books, boxes etc. if stacked together in a nice conformed way will give your living space a much neater and cleaner look.
3. Always keep a to-do-list This old mantra of working is old but it is gold. This definitely works. The best way is to have a simple legal size yellow note pad with a clear list of things you want to do and need to do. It forces your mind to focus and you will be surprised to know how much more you can do in less time.
4. Divide your time Divide your work that you need to do. Make sure that you just do the one thing you need to do during this time. For instance, if you have to complete 5 different tasks in a day, give each task 1 2 hour time and try to complete it within that time frame.
5. Set everyday goals Write a list of goals at the end of each day for the next day, the next week, next month etc. This can keep your mind on track to move forward to stay focused and to concentrate better
6. Job Satisfaction Whether one is engaged in online jobs or offline jobs like engineering jobs, marketing job or a finance job, at times, we feel good and satisfied with our job and at times we are very unhappy. But if you feel that you are not able to complete projects consistently or are not able to perform to your best ability, it's time to pay attention. Maybe your surroundings are not favorable to you. But if you are unhappy with your job most of the rime, maybe it's time to look for a new one.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Geetika Jain writes on behalf of Naukri.com, a leading job portal for jobs in India. She writes on topics like employment trends, vacancies and increasing work concentration. Naukri.com is a recruitment platform & provides products and services like resume writing services, Salary Tool, Resume Database Access & Response Management tools to corporate world.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated