Everyday thousands of IT companies are creating applications for the utility of their client. But these applications developed can have security problems. That could be because of various reasons like faulty design, deployment issues, etc. But by following strict security practices, the client will be able to maintain data integrity and the brand name of the company does not get tarnished; all in all it will be a win-win situation for both your company and the client. An application security checks for security vulnerabilities present in the content of the application. WIFI or wireless networks are becoming popular in homes and organizations all over the world. But if WIFI security is not maintained, anybody can penetrate in your network and implant viruses and other malicious programs in your system.
Wireless has reduced costs as the network topologies do not require any wires. The places where cables become difficult to run, wireless works with ease. But if the connection is not secured computer users within the range may use it easily. They can even surf websites from your internet location, which would slow down your internet connection. Moreover, the hackers can get you in trouble with identity theft.
Application security finds out different methods to deal with application threats. Some common threats are as following:-
- Input validation: This occurs when there is buffer overflow or SQL management.
- Authentication: It consists of network eavesdropping, cookie reply or dictionary attacks.
- Authorization: It encompasses disclosure of data, lurking attacks or data tampering.
- Session management: It includes session management or session replay.
- Cryptography: When the encryption code for the key is weak, a hacker can easily break into it.
- Exception management: When it occurs, denial of a service or information disclosure takes place.
Application security should be maintained throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Various penetration tools are used to find out the vulnerability assessment of the application; it would provide a beneficial report regarding the various potential unauthorized threats in the application. The next step of application security involves taking care of these threats. Once done, application security is accomplished.
With the increased use in wireless technology, WIFI security has become a prime concern. WIFI security is tackling security issues of wireless networks. Not using WIFI security means giving open invitation to intrusion. There are various kinds of unauthorized wireless attacks. Some of these are:-
- Accidental attack or association: Many a times the third party does not understand that he has latched on to someone else’s network. It occurs accidentally but nevertheless it is breaching of confidential data.
- Malicious attack or association: A hacker can use some software in his laptop, which could make his network card work like an acceptable access point.
- Identity theft: The hacker can use various programs and software, which provides the hacker with an authorized Mac ID, owing to which it can enter the company’s network.
- The other attacks include Caffe Latte attack, Network Injection, Denial of Service, etc.
There are various ways in which WIFI security could be maintained such as by using Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems, smart cards and USB tokens, software such as WPAv1, etc. Application security will ensure that your system is protected from spywares, malwares, etc.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Development of application calls for application security which should be maintained throughout the life cycle of the application. The use of wireless networks makes WIFI security a must.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated