Before choosing an online company to print the business cards, it is important to get a little knowledge about the different types of materials and printing techniques used. While most people choose the paper business cards there are many other trendy materials like PVC Plastic, Wood, and Metals etc. that are these days used for business cards by people who want to give it a distinct look and durability.
There is a wide range of textures and color to choose from, but the greatest impact is left by the quality of printing because that’s what is the reading material made up of. There are various kinds of business cards printing methods available in the market. Here is the list and some information about them for those who are opting for custom business cards .
1. Offset Printing: This is the most common method and is usually employed for printing large quantities of cards. It is also very cost effective once the setup is done.
2. Digital Printing: It is used for lesser quantities of cards. Inkjet printers or Laser Printers are used for the purpose. It is not as cost effective as the offset printing.
3. Letter Press: This method is most suitable for those who wish a really professional and sophisticated look on the cards. Letter Press creates indentations on each letter or image printed which imparts a unique look and gives a great feel. Letter Press is somewhat costly but the end result is a custom and very attractive card. Higher number of print runs might save money.
4. Engraving: For even more captivating and eye catching look, engraving is the best option. Wood, Plastic and Metal sheets can be easily engraved and later filled with ink. The printing is very attractive and long lasting. It is very popular in printing greeting cards .
5. Thermography: Thermography is used to create both the lifted and engraved look. It is cheaper and faster method of creating durable and memorable business cards.
The different printing techniques are used to create different effect. Besides there are various kind of paper used for printing. If images have to be printed, the glossy paper is the best. Non shining laminated sheet is ideal for simple graphics. Many people also opt for magnet business cards made of wood, PVC plastic or metal. They increase the chances of having the brand name and the contact information better preserved and registered with the clients or business contacts.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Excellprint-Promotion is an exclusive business cards printing provider like business cards and printing, door hanger printing, brochure printing, envelopes printing and all printing services on cheap rate.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated