RAM is the acronym of Random Access Memory. Most of the people know that RAM plays a very vital role in the proper functioning of computer. It is also known as the working memory of computer. RAM is volatile in nature i.e. it stores the data until computer is energized constantly and when power supply is terminated it will loose all the data. You have noticed that your computer sometime don’t let you opens application due to scarcity of RAM and even show annoying messages “Computer Virtual memory is too low”.This problem even doesn’t let you work on multiple tabs and slow down your computer speed. You can eliminate this problem by utilizing the space available as RAM. In this article I will let you know about the procedure to change the functioning of RAM.
1. Switch on your computer and wait for completion of booting period.
2. Plug your Pen drive/Flash drive into the USB port and scan your pen drive for detecting harmful malwares, spywares and viruses. It is always recommended to scan external drive before using the data stored in the pen drive.
3. For utilizing the Pen drive storage space as RAM you have to format the Pen drive by following the steps mentioned as :
• Make a right click on the plugged pen drive name in my computer.
• Click on Format option available in the context menu.
• Select the file allocation and then click on Quick Format option.
• After completion of process you will get a confirmation message that your Pen drive is completely formatted.
4. Now make a right click on My computer icon available on your desktop and select the “Properties” option from the context menu.
5. Then new window will appear on your screen, click on the Advance tab and select Settings under the option present in the Performance tab.
6. Make a click on the “Advanced” tab again and select the change button to configure the Virtual memory settings.
7. Select your Pen drive’s name and select the tab for “System Managed size” and select the “Set button” .Then according to your need assign the size of pen drive you want to allot computer to use it as CPU.
8. Now click “OK” to save the changes and restart your computer to make changes take affect.
Thus by following the above procedure you can utilize the space available in your pen drive as Virtual RAM. The above mentioned procedure is applicable on Windows 7,Windows Vista operating system. Their may be slight changes in Windows XP but by putting little effort you can make it work as RAM. If you have any query regarding the procedure or want help to solve computer issues then you can contact 1-855-352-1816. For enhancing the performance of you can use computer maintenance tools. Some of the well renowned companies like Impcsupport provide online technical support for all computer problems.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Bella Martin received the Master degree in software engineering in 2006 and currently serving as a software engineer at Impcsupport. She provides informative articles on Online PC Support, PC technical support, windows support, computer maintenance tools and software’s. You can visit www.impcsupport.com/
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated