So, you may be interested starting your own business ?
Perhaps you have an product or service idea , a hobby or craft which you may want to leverage as an extra source of income by selling on the web.
Launching an your own web business can be easy on the wallet compared to starting a brick-and-mortar store, however, the dedication and commitment with your time and energy will be taxing.
It can be intimidating, time consuming, frustrating and risky for a new enterpriser who has aspirations and dreams running their own internet business.
The spawning of the idea of a product or web based service can quickly get extinguished when it’s time to build the business infrastructure!
The most important aspects of starting an internet business are a positive attitude and determination.
The most important tools starting out is your plan and having a basic level of competency with ecommerce (i.e. the process of selling on the internet).
The process of developing your internet business infrastructure will be filled with gotchas, do-overs, mistakes and “wish-I-had-known’s”.
Some process tips:
1)First, Get educated and exposed how an internet business works
- What is required?
- What is web host provider?
- What is a merchant account and gateway provider?
- What is a shopping cart?
- What is SEO?
- What will be my total costs?
2)Second, Develop a plan with a realistic time table... some items to consider :
- Set aside time for research... are there similar ideas out there?
- Evaluate the competitive landscape
- Nail down your business identity... biz name, location, domain, logo etc
- Set up you business “office”... telephone, mailbox, EIN number, insurance, business cards etc.
- Decide which business entity is best suited for you... sole proprietorship, LLC, Partnership or corporation
- Launch your Web Site design, development and integration
- Marketing campaigns... yep, you have to attract clients!
3)Third, Understand the necessity to nurture and sustain your business
- Is it essential to have an sustaining program that understands the heartbeat of your prospective clients
- Your potential marketing “sweet spot” will fluctuate and change over time.
One more thing, you don’t have to do this all by yourself! There is a wealth of information and web based service providers who can help you... if you know where to look and what to ask for!!! Plus... it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
Be a savvy consumer. The internet can be an intimidating and hostile environment with money pits everywhere. Do your homework!!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
My name is Ronnie Mack, owner of WebJeb.com,LLC. WebJeb.com provides ebusiness research, training, development, execution and sustaining services at one-stop web location.
We provide 5 product areas for the internet entrepreneur
- convenient ecommerce training tutorials
- we guide you thru the maze of hosting and merchant account providers
- we assemble a business execution plan for you
- we have programs to sustain and grow your business
- we provide expert services like custom web site design, SEO,Graphic design for your business collateral ( brochures, business cards etc )
The best thing .. our cost ... check us out
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated