Shipping rates and charges nowadays have become more expensive. While many entrepreneurs and online sellers get to save money from not putting up and operating a physical store, they, on the other hand, are sometimes burdened by high shipping rates. Many entrepreneurs simply sell locally rather than expand to selling abroad. It would definitely be a challenge to sell internationally with expensive shipping costs. Shipping a book, for example, might be more expensive than the book itself.
With those challenges, it's important to find ways to ship your goods at a more reasonable rate. Here are some tips you might want to consider.
Avoid Urgent Shipping
Aside from the weight and dimension of a package, what sets the price of shipping is the distance between origin and destination and how long it would take to ship the goods from one location to another. Shipping overseas would surely be more expensive than local shipping because it would take more resources to get your goods delivered. But that is something you don't always have control of unless you do avoid shipping overseas.
On the other hand, the duration of delivery is an option. You can choose overnight shipping or express mail. But of course, choosing a faster procedure entails extra costs too. Here is where you can save money. By simply avoiding the overnight or urgent shipping option, you can save a couple of bucks in the process. This is especially recommended if goods are non-perishable and the recipient can wait a few more days to receive the items. If you ship goods on a regular basis, you can get significant savings each year.
Compare Shipping Rates
You can compare shipping rates of different couriers in the traditional way, calling for a quote or checking out their rates online by visiting each website. Getting the information is part of making the comparisons and informed choice. While the traditional inquiry is a common practice, it can take a lot of time and energy. In fact, you can actually compare shipping rates and couriers by visiting just one site - a comparison website like www.ship2anywhere.com.au. Here are the simple steps:
1) First, make sure you have finalized the package you are going to ship. Weight it and measure the dimensions.
2) Find a shipping comparison website related to your location and requirements. Enter the dimension and weight details of your package in the website.
3) Then, enter the origin and destination of the package specifically the delivery address.
4) You'll be asked if you want to get insurance or carrier loss protection. This is, of course, with additional charges.
5) Once the above details have been entered, a list of couriers and options for shipping like rates from Fedex, USPS, DHL, and other international or local couriers. From these list, you can choose the cheapest or the most reasonable rate you can afford. The process is quicker, reliable, and less troublesome for any user. You get the information you need in just a few clicks so you can soon have your goods delivered.
If you are an online seller who ships goods on a regular basis, you would definitely benefit from more cost-savings so your small or big online business can flourish and gain more profits than expenses. On the other hand, an individual who would like to send items to your friends and family can find joy in giving without the burdensome cost of expensive shipping.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Richard Taylor has been a customs broker for an international freight services company for over 6 years. Many of his clients rely on his knowledge of freight forwarding and courier systems. He's also built a strong network of business associates over the years. View Ship2anywhere here for more info on ecommerce shipping.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated