If you are thinking about opening up a gas station, you must visit local gas stations in your area and check out what you like and what you don't like. You must take note of the other business' mistakes so that you don't make the same ones. The following are the few things you need to keep in mind on how to run a successful gas station:
1. You must set up your business in a location that receives a lot of traffic or in an area that is in desperate need of a gas station. One more location is near other gas stations because the cliché is business brings business" is often true. Many times a driver will pull into one gas station, but see a cheaper one, or one with shorter line across the street and go to that one instead.
2. If you are taking over an existing business, you must put a signage that reads “Under New Management” to let people know that it’s a different owner and there will be no problems anymore. The key is to use marketing techniques to drive customers. Perhaps consider having a "Grand Opening Sale." Maybe one brand of potato chips is buy one, get one free. You could also give away free coffee in the mornings, and in the evenings, offer customers a coupon for a free coffee for every fill up.
3. Negotiate with your vendors for discounts and then turn part of that profit over to your customers by lessening the price on something you sell.
4. You must ask your family to work for you until you get your gas station off the ground. Just assure that you don’t violate any labor laws. This will help you save money while you look for a stable worker who you can trust.
5. You must eliminate products from your stores that do not sell well. This will prevent you gas station from looking old and deteriorated. Keep in mind, first impressions last and you don’t want you customers to think that your items are not new and unique.
6. Keep a clean gas station. You must guarantee that the rest room is tidy and clean. Customers like clean restroom. Many people choose one gas station over the other just because of cleanliness.
7. You must use the same retail tactics you see other stores use. Put the items that sell the most on the end of the aisle display. Put reasonable items like candy near the register. Put your seasonal items near the front. During the summer months, deal with moving your frozen drink machine near the front door, and during the winter months move your hot chocolate machine near the front door.
8. Lastly, set rules for your workers and be a role model. Put code of conduct to sign where the rules are clearly stated. Ensure your employees know that you are in charge.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
How to buy a gas station business franchise, buying a gas station offers many franchise opportunities. Learn more about Gas Station Franchise and how to buy a Gas Station Business at : gasstationbusiness101.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Investing Articles