Are you out of fuel by 3pm? If you are like many Americanís you find yourself struggling to finish out the day. You are tired, lethargic, and out of energy. If you suffer from low energy levels, there are many things that you can do to help boost your energy levels naturally. These include exercise, diet, and avoiding energy zappers throughout the day. So spend a few minutes reading through the natural energy boosters- and start living life to the fullest again!
1. Catch up on your Zís. How much sleep do you get every night? Many adults get less than the necessary 8 hours a day. Whether itís due to small children, stress, or illness limited amounts of sleep can wreck havoc on your internal systems. Your body will essentially turn into an energy saving model in the afternoon to make up for the lack of sleep the night before. Uninterrupted sleep is just as important as the amount that you get. Waking several times a night to use the restroom or toss and turn can mess up your REM cycles and leave you feeling tired come sun up. So limit fluid intake after 4pm and try adding a body pillow or feather bed to improve your sleep quality. Continual sleep deprivation will lead to a wealth of health problems and concerns. So forgo the evening news and turn in early. Consider eating breakfast on the way to work to sleep in a few extra minutes a day. Within a few days- you will be amazed at how much more energy you have.
2. De-stress your life. Stress comes in a variety of sources and can creep up on you when you least expect it. Work, kids, and family are all major stressors in your day to day life. It is widely known that prolonged stress can lead to health problems, but they can also be a major zapper of energy. Spending time and energy worrying about a presentation at work or your childís report card will only lead to energy depletion. So take control of stress early on. Focus on problems as they come up, and solve them quickly. Bottling up emotions and stress make it harder to get a good nights sleep. Finally, decompress before you call it a night. Take a warm bath, read a good book, or listen to a favorite CD to help take away the pressure of the past day. You will sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
3. Avoid artificial energy sources. Many people turn to caffeine and sugar for energy boosts, only to find themselves wiped out a few hours later. Such artificial energy sources are great for quick pick me ups, but lead to crashes later on in the day. So skip them all together. They are bad for your diet and offer you little or no nutritional value. Instead skip with caffeine free beverages and fruit juice.
4. Get moving. Many people are surprised to find out that one of the best ways to beat energy depletion is to exercise. Avoid exercising right before bed, because you will find yourself too hyped up to actually sleep. Instead take the time to exercise in the afternoon when your energy is at its lowest point. Consider taking a walk around the block or the parking garage for a quick and easy boost of energy.
5. Eat healthier. What did you have for lunch? Processed foods full of chemicals and sugar can lead to energy depletion. Stick with healthy choices like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. After a few days, you will be amazed at the new level of energy that you now have.
6. Drink plenty of water. The human body consists mostly of water, so it is imperative that you stock up daily. Dehydration is one of the main energy zappers, and most ignore the signs until it is too late. So whenever you pass the tap, fill your glass up. Most doctors will recommend drinking 8 glasses a day, which may sound like a lot. But if you replace your morning coffee or cola for water, you can easily meet this requirement. If plain water isnít appealing consider adding a splash of lemon or lime for a quick pick me up.
7. Take a multi-vitamin. There are hundreds of different energy boosting products on the market today. Donít fall for the hype. All you need is a good multi-vitamin that helps balance out your diet.
If you follow these tips, you will begin to experience more energy within a week or so! So have fun and start making a list of all the things you will do with your new source of energy.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Adam Short is freelance health writer and creator of Supplements-Resource.com, a site providing facts about nutritional supplements.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated