Massage techniques make use of our instinctual survival and protective tactics that are usually act as our physiological safety zone. This is exactly what most practitioners would use to their advantage during a Washington DC massage session. Since massage is highly dependent on touch, it is important for the practitioner to touch the client during the first approach before the session begins. Most people who practice massage in DC claim that the first touch is very important in a number of ways, and one is that it provides the client the time needed for him/her to become acclimated while processing and adjusting towards the massage therapist. This is important as it subconsciously evaluates if the touch is safe or not.
Massage Session: The Procedure
• It is recommended that the initial touch be dry and warm. A warm hand is vital because a cold and clammy hand may make the client’s nerves tensed. When the massage therapist approaches the client for the session to begin, he/she is required to announce or comment that the massage session will begin and they do this as they approach the table before they touch the sheets or even the client. The main aim of this step is to prevent the client’s subconscious protection mechanism from setting in.
• The first contact during a massage session is slow but steady and should be done deliberately. A gliding stroke then follows the initial touch for a massage in DC. For this movement to be smooth and effective, it is wise to apply some lubricant that can be either oil or lotion. The applied pressure mostly ranges from light to moderate and is traced along the same path of the muscle.
• The kneading or petrissage then follows and this will only work effectively after the soft tissues is lifted then rolled before it is squeezed by the practitioner. This particular step is important for relaxation of the muscle and smoothening of the connective tissue.
• The main technique used in oriental massage in DC is compression. This technique is similar to shiatsu and is effective over clothing and is mostly applicable for individuals who have hairy bodies, because the hands cannot glide directly over the skin smoothly because of the hairs.
• Another technique popular for a massage is the friction technique that is mostly performed in circles, focuses on the muscle fibers and works across them. One very powerful type of stoke technique is the vibration technique. This technique is very good at getting the blood to flow in the particular area, waking the nerves up and is mostly done when the practitioner reaching the deepest depth that is desired when there is trembling of the hands and this causes a chain reaction to the surrounding tissues.
• The most complicated technique of all is the percussion and this requires alternation of the hands to compress the body tissues rhythmically. This technique causes intense stimulation effects to the body while gaining the response of the nerves and also helps to increase blood flow to the tissues.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
The author is a Licensed Massage Therapist, and holds Certification of ABMP, AMTA, FSMTA and provides professional massage in DC.
You can also call at (202) 540-9929 for Washington DC Massage services.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated