There is nothing like some nice chili in the food. Chili goes great in any recipe. Chili is totally the best ingredient in the majority of the recipes. That's why the ground beef and sausage chili is America's favorite recipe. But when you have a great ingredient it's important to use it the right way. And here comes the crock pot.
The crock pot is the best way to cook chili recipes. Why? Because the chili infiltrates slowly and well into the meet. All the chili flavor gets preserved into the beef and in the sausage. The two tastes combine so they give one of the best recipes out there: the ground beef and sausage chili for the crock pot.
Here are the ingredients for the great ground beef and sausage chili for the crock pot:
- 8 ounces of smoked sausage - such as apple chicken sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mild green chili peppers
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers, or to taste
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes or fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
And here is the easy way to prepare the ground beef and sausage chili for the crock pot.
First you will need a large skillet pan. You have to brown the ground beef and the sausage. For this you will use the onion. The browning has to take place until the pink color is completely gone. After this you will add the pepper and the garlic. You have to stir the entire mixture for about 3 minutes or longer.
The final step of the ground beef and sausage chili for the crock pot is to add all the remaining ingredients. Cover the crock pot and let it boil for about 6 to 8 hours. This is all! The dish is ready to be served! Enjoy!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Sturat enjoys writing on topics like crock pot recipes. For more information, you can visit us. Visit Ground beef and sausage chili for the crock pot.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated