If you are looking for some viable flooring option for your house under construction, you can consider using cork flooring. Cork floors are gradually gaining popularity and many homeowners are using cork tiles to build their home floors. Though not as popular as hardwood flooring or vinyl flooring, cork flooring is expected to gain more popularity in the coming years owing to the plethora of benefits it has over other types of flooring.
Here are a few important benefits of cork floors:
• Comfort: Cork flooring built using cork tiles is great as far as comfort is concerned. The ceramic and hardwood flooring are not that good if you look at them from the health perspective. These flooring can lead to sore muscles.
• Health: As already stated, cork flooring is a better option than its hardwood and ceramic counterparts from the health point of view. Cork floors do not allow mold and mildew to maturate without being noticed. Moreover, they do not allow dust to settle or attract pollen causing allergies. Above all, cork floors hold out static electricity and are also hypoallergenic.
• Highly Durable: Cork tiles are highly durable and they last for years. However, proper care needs to be taken to enhance their durability. It is good if you know the right way to take care of these floors. However, if you do not want to take care of the floors on your own, you can avail the services of the professionals who are specialized in the job. Unlike hardwood flooring, Cork flooring is not susceptible to chipping or scratching.
• Eco-friendly: Cork floors provide you with an eco-friendly flooring option. Cork is harvested without injuring the cork tree. This process of harvesting is stringently maintained. Cork trees are renewable as well as sustainable source of corks. Corks are biodegradable and at the same time recyclable because they are harvested using a procedure in which the corks are in no way discarded.
• Inexpensive: Compared to the other flooring options, cork tiles are less expensive. So, if you have a limited budget, you can definitely go for cork flooring options.
• Fire-resistant: Cork tiles do not catch fire and are excellent from the point of safety.
• Available in Wide Varieties: You will be amazed to find that cork floors are available in wide varieties. There are available in a wide range of colors. You can go for the cork flooring suiting your interior decoration. You can purchase cork floors in planks or in the form of tiles like vinyl or linoleum flooring. It comes either with a natural or with a vinyl topcoat. Both are fine but homeowners are mostly inclined to select the vinyl-covered option as it is easier to clean and maintain it. However, the vinyl-covered option is more expensive than the unfinished, natural cork.
If you are planning to lay cork floors in your home under construction, you can consider reaching out to a factory-direct distributor of such products as it will help you save a lot of money.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
We are a factory-direct distributor of cork floors. If you need cork tiles, you can approach us.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Home And Garden Articles