Barack Obama has proposed and passed the Homeowner Affordability and Stability plan which is intended to help over 7 million Americans with loan modifications. The plan is a massive $75 billion, below is a brief summary of what you need to know to get a piece of the large pie and help you save your home from foreclosure.
Eligibility for the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan
Here are some general guidelines to determine if you could qualify, however if your situation is not reflected in the points below you still have options for a loan modification.
1. Your home cant be available for a second mortgage
2. Provide evidence of your income
3. Current house payment must be more than 31% of your gross income ( Loan modification kits can help you calculate this number.)
4. Loan is held by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
5. Currently living in the house
It is important to note that the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan does not come into effect until March 4, 2009.
How to Apply
Time is of the essence since the sooner a loan modification process is begun the more likely you will be to stay in your home. March 4, 2009 there will be thousands of Americans becoming aware of this program, now is the opportunity for people to get ahead of the crowd and collect and complete the required documents. Loan modification is free and the most effective method at stopping the foreclosure process. By using the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan you will be able to
1. Lower the interest rate and payment!
2. Reduce the principal balance!
3. Convert an adjustable rate to a fixed rate!
4. Lender forgiveness of missed payments!
5. Remove all late fees and charges!
6. Stop The Foreclosure Process!