Reputation management is the understanding or influencing of an individual's or business's reputation. Most of reputation management is focused on pushing down negative search results. Reputation management may attempt to bridge the gap between how a company perceives itself and how others view it. Reputation management service will respond to negative posts and comments in a systematic way to remove these damaging posts from the web using various strategies. Reputation is based on public perceptions formed both offline and online.
The reputation management definition can be separated into three different categories. Obviously, it is managing the reputation of a company, but it can be for a company of any size, whether it is a larger company who wants to self-promote, or a just-established company which wants to get its name out there. With the help of Brick Marketing, you can use any of these types of reputation management:
• Building – This type of reputation management has to do with building the reputation for a business that is just getting started. It includes building a good reputation to maintaining it for your business.
• Maintenance – Reputation management meant to just keep a company’s good image superior in the public eye is called maintenance. This is meant for companies that are already established, and have a good reputation already.
• Recovery – If your business has gotten a bad reputation for any reason, then the recovery portion of reputation management is for you. Brick Marketing works to hide the bad reputation with good marketing and self-promotion.
Online reputation management is the practice of monitoring the Internet reputation of a person, brand or business, with the goal of emphasising positive coverage rather than negative reviews or feedback. Many different strategies, which include social media such as:
• Blogging – Blogs that are updated every day
• Directory listings – Listing a website in directories using optimized keywords
• Direct reviews – Hiring someone to write good reviews of the company on websites
• Online publicity – Syndicated article writing, links, and banners
• Social networking Online Reputation Management is a very labor intensive process. Any approach that is subtle and yet effective will take time, at least three months, before any progress is really seen. This includes – Posting pages on MySpace.com and Facebook.
Every plan should define reputation management, but it should also be unique to your business. What works for one company may not work for a different one, so be sure to keep your mind open, and accept that with a customized plan of attack, your reputation management will take some time to come to fruition.
Who all need Online reputation management
Whether looking for an investor, selling a product, seeking employment or trying to score a date. Someone will search you about in Search engines. Most groups which online reputation management are
• Business partners
• Stock holders
• Prospective employers
• Personal contacts
To asses Online reputation
Most users won’t look past the first page or two of search results, so you only need to look at a couple pages for each keyword on the major search engines. Start with simple searches on Google, Yahoo and MSN for all that apply:
• Your Name
• High profile employees
Effect of Negative reputation
The results of a negative online reputation may be as subtle as a user clicking on a competitor’s search result instead of yours or as damaging as an industry-wide boycott of your products and/or services. Besides the obvious financial implications of having a company’s credibility called into question, there are potential legal ramifications that could dominate your time and cripple your financial sustainability, as well. This will often cement trusted news and legal results in the top search rankings so that even if a case is dismissed or resolved, you’ll be living with the consequences for years to come. Things like, determining who is responsible for the negative reputation, if you’ll have to reposition or remove certain employees or dealing with potential losses in workforce, add further monetary, morale and growth consequences. For a business organization, business reputation management is very important.
Everyone should be careful about online reputation. A negative review will spoil the career or business or anything until online reputation is gained.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Review optimization is one of the most powerful ways to promote your business online. Email or call us at 212.284.7664.
www.reputationmanagements.com/online_reviews.php> Business Reputation management
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated